Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, October 4th

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I could not find our thread, so I thought I would start one.  

Hope everyone is having a good day.  I took my walk and then went to the senior lunch program -- it was a bit chaotic today since there were many extra participants (Rotary club), and more volunteers.  As they say -- too many cooks spoil the broth.  In our case, too many volunteers clog the kitchen.  In the end, it all worked out, just took a bit longer than normal.  And, there were a few ruffled feathers (not mine.)

Need to leave for the gym shortly, and then I'll visit DH.  It is sunny and nice here today -- highs in the mid-80's.  But, it was pretty cool on my walk this morning (just 50 degrees).  I needed my light jacket for sure.  

Please post if you have a chance and have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, October 4th

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. You are so healthy for taking those daily walks; certainly, they are also great stress relievers and can help with "too many cooks or volunteers."  Enjoy your visit with DH.

I worked yesterday, today and also tomorrow. It certainly has been nippy in the late nights and early mornings but warmer during the day. It was 47 when I went to work and in the low 80s when I came home this evening.  I just now turned on the Q to see a D&C lamb leather jacket being presented. I have two Basso faux leather jackets which everyone things is real leather so I will keep those. I ended up buying only one pair of the TSV furlined boots in boring black but I did like the chestnut lined with animal print. It just wasn't sensible on my part to purchase both pair, so boring black won out.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

https://www.pinterest.com/debwcarter/tuesdays/

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the lovely Fall graphic.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all. Thanks @LindaLatte for the start. It does sound like a nice walk this morning. Glad you didn't let the chaos at the volunteer job ruffle your feathers, lol. Not worth it. Hope you had a good workout and visit with DH. It is about 80 degrees here and very nice. But rain predicted for the next few days, and cooler.

@KonaKat, I'm happy that you are getting several days in this week, if that is what you want. Hope you enjoy your furlined boots when they arrive.

@meallen616, beautiful graphic. Thanks.

Well, don't remember exactly when I last posted, Sunday maybe? Anyway, BIL took a turn for the worst on Monday, we spent the day at the hospital. He is still hanging on, but on pallaitive care now, no further treatment, only morphine hourly. For his & his wife's sake I hope it is not too long. It was a pretty rough morning over there, until that decision was made and the morphine was increased as his pain was obvious and extreme. Not a fun day at all. I acted as the information spreader for the ones who could not come till they got off work. Texting many updates throughout the day. Just received a call from another of hubby's brothers to let us know that he has passed. At least the pain is over for him. Thankful for that. Enough of that sadness.

On a shopping note; I did order some new Christmas decor items, several from Q and a few from other places. I have my own woman cancer screening coming up in the next couple weeks as well as an eye apptmt that will take me to the city where there is a Hobby Lobby and i plan to go there to "look" also. I have gone several years clearing out, donating holiday decor, now I am ready to get some new. It's fun. No way a need, but...

I really can't think of any other news. Have a nice evening. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Whoo, today was a real corker at work.

@Snicks1

Please extend my condolences to your husband.  I'm relieved that your beloved brother in law's suffering is over.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama, thank you, I will pass that along to hubby. While we were sitting bedside yesterday looking at him (looked so different) I just sat remembering all the fun times that he, hubby and I had together when we were about 25 years younger. We did some crazy sh*t together, while hubby and I were dating and after, lol.

Honored Contributor

When I left the hospital yesterday evening, (he was in a twilight like zone) I just said bye, I will either see you back here, or on the other side. I guess it will be the other side.
Esteemed Contributor

Also sending my condolences to your DH, snicks.  I am glad you have some happy memories and your BIL is no longer in pain.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

He was in what I call the in-between place.  

He heard you and he loved you Snicks.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise