Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, October 18th

Hi, we're having another nice day.  I think rain is coming and the temps will drop a little afterwards.  This morning one of my unfrosted cinnamon poptarts broke in the toaster.  I had to fight the toaster to get the bits out - took a fork and some tongs.

Suffice it to say, I left the house with one poptart and made sure I unplugged the toaster.  I don't think I broke my toaster, but ya never know.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, October 18th

Hi everyone,

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/happy-tuesday-quotes/

Trusted Contributor

Hello shoppers - we are having a cool day here, just in the 50s.  It's that time of year.

Birdmama - sorry about the poptart ordeal with your toaster.  It sure sounds good, though.  I haven't had a poptart in years, I do oatmeal about 360 days a year.  Hope the rest of your day goes better.

Ladies -- my CCs are cooling off from yesterday and will remain locked the rest of the week.  Did a Sams run and renewed the membership, expensive day.  Was able to stock up for part of the winter, so my CCs will appreciate that for the next few months - yea..

Enjoy your day and keep those CCs hidden at all cost. lol

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, thanks for getting us started Bernie.  The past several days have been busy, so I've been a bit out of the loop.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Last Thursday I went out of town and had lunch with a couple of old high school friends of mine.  Had a good time.  The electric company has been redoing power lines, so our power was off for 12 hours that day.  Glad we have a generator, so we knew that our freezer and refrigerator contents were fine.  Friday and Saturday my DH and I did a bunch of yard work.  We dug up the entire succulent garden, reformed the basins, then thinned and replanted the succulents.  Two of our neighbors were happy to take some of the discarded plants.  Things look so much better now. 

Also on Saturday I attended an estate sale that had 30,000 books for sale for a quarter each.  I found quite a few nice books that I liked.  On Sunday we visited a different church.  It's the second one that we've checked out this past month.  After 20 years at the same church, and not happy with some decisions leadership has been making, it might be time for a change.  Our church family is dear to us, so making a change is a big decision.

Now I'm back to my regular routine.  Plus, I have been really enjoying sitting out on the porch and looking at the garden.  This is the best time of year.  The weather has cooled off a bit, but flowers like bougainvillea and lantana are in full bloom.  It really is beautiful, and we still have hummingbirds and butterflies everywhere.  What a pleasure!

Hope that you all have a blessed Tuesday!  ~  Charlene 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie. Hope your toaster is okay -- probably will be, but not fun to have to get all the poptart pieces out.  I think may have had a poptart many years ago, but obviously did not like them enough to continue eating them.

Hi Meallen and 3suwm5.  Glad you were able to take care of your Sam's purchases for several months 3suwm5.  

Hope you find a church you really like, Charlene.  That must be a difficult decision to make.  Your yard/garden sound so nice.  It is good this time of the year here as well.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, snicks, Essie, Susan, Marijane, Karen, butterfly, Rosa, Gayle, LindaR, Barbara, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I went to the pool yesterday afternoon, and it was nice but cooler than I expected.  It wasn't just me talking about how cool it felt, despite being in the high 80's or so.  DH was fine when I went back to feed him dinner later.

This morning was my volunteer job at the senior lunch program -- they enjoyed the banana breads I made very much.  Next I'll be going to the gym, and then visit DH.  My work buddy and I will meet for lunch on Friday -- that should be fun.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

IMG_0361.JPGA funny picture for all of you!  Feels good to laugh and smile.  Take care everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I just got in from work, and will work the next two days also. I did see the TSV presented.

Love the graphics. The funny thing about cats and boxes is that Midnight has no interest in boxes.

We had a record high temperature today, so no need for heavier clothes yet.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.