Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, November 5th)

Good Afternoon, Ladies! Another beautiful day here.  It is cool (but not cold) in the morning, and should make it up into the 80's this afternoon.  My kind of weather.

That was certainly very kind of you, Jean.  I don't have surgery scheduled at the moment, but making sure I have a reliable ride is something that concerns me.  I think I would have been in a panic if my ride canceled at the last moment..  

I'm back from the senior lunch program that went well.  I took a fresh apple cake today, and I realized that one cake is probably too small for the group.  Unfortunately, I don't have two pans, and these cakes take time.  I may consider buying another pan.  As it was, the "early birds" were happy.

My 6-month CD was up, and I was instructed to call today and get another one, which I did.  The interest rates have gone down considerably since the last time, but still better than a regular savings account.  The broker certainly did not fill me with confidence since I think I knew more about my account than he did, and then he was trying to sell me on his advice for additional investments.  No way.  This used to be my main broker, but no longer. We are not talking about a lot of money in the first place, but.....

I plan to go to the gym this afternoon.  Nothing else exciting.  

The plumber said that my toilet repair job was good, which made me happy.

No TSV for me -- not a need, and I don't care for the snaps.  I hope any of you who order like it very much.

Have a nice evening, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, November 5th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   Your post hit the system as I was typing mine.  This is what I wrote.  I'll go back and delete my post.

Good afternoon all, so far I'm having a productive day.  I was so tired last night from all that yard work that I went to bed at 9:30 Woman Very Happy  I woke up just a little stiff and hopped out of bed and got moving.  Since there was some room in the 10th lawn refuse bag, I put on a sweater, grabbed the rake and cleaned along the curb near the sewer grate in front of the neighbor's house.  When I was growing up, it was understood that we keep the street in front of our house and the alley behind our house clean.

I guess it depends on where you grow up Woman Frustrated  

I went to the dentist and had the new crown seated, then dropped off 3 big shopping bags full of toys (on behalf of my sister) at my local Pep Boys.  This is the first time that Pep Boys location registered with the Marines and when I nearly filled the box (it was on the smallish side) the employees were so excited.  I grabbed a pizza on the way home and was driving right by my voting location when I felt my moral compass (AKA Catholic Guilt) kick in.  There wasn't much on the ballot however I'm glad I voted anyway.

That's my day so far; what's good in your world?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I'm home from work where I was called at the last minute.

Linda--Your weather is my kind of weather. I'm sure the cake was delicious and it is difficult to  predict how much cake is needed. I'm sure they enjoyed it. I woiuld say that you have good instincts regarding your investments.

Bernie--Ten bags of leaves has to make for some stiff muscles. The toys you dropped off will make some kids very happey, as I"m sure the pizza did that you picked up on the way home.

I have to take Midnight to the vet tomorrow since I have been less than successful in getting the antibiotics into him via syringe. The vet will be giving him a shot.  I really don't have anything to report other than that. I did enjoy the wig presentation and sometimes wish I had one.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, your apple cake sounded delicious.  I am sure that it was enjoyed.  Our CD rates are awful too, but nothing is coming due until 2020 which makes me a little happy.  I am glad that you were able to fix the toilet by yourself.  

Bird Mama, that's a lot of leaves.  We live on a corner, but it's not as big as when we lived in our other house.  My DH likes doing outdoor stuff and I am more than happy that I don't have to help him.  That was nice of you to take extra toys for the Pep Boys.  

Jean, that was very nice of you to give the ride home after her other source couldn't do it.  Good luck with Midnight tomorrow.  A job that I couldn't do myself either.

We tried a different restaurant this morning and it's not as good as our go to one is.  Very few people there too.  Since I didn't want to spend another $1.49 for coffee on top of the breakfast special price,  we went to Qwik Trip just down the street for bananas and an 89¢ SF cappuccino.  Lol.  Then we went to our favorite cheese factory for my Baby Swiss & my dh's Muenster.  

It's a nice sunny day, but we are expecting it to snow a few inches by tomorrow afternoon.  Our other snow is already gone. I  love snowmen,  so I think that I will put the big wooden one outside on the front porch tomorrow.  The trees are mostly bare, but it was a nice fall.

Our heavy job for today was putting the storm door window in.  It's full length and heavy.  Now my dh is sleeping like a baby in his recliner. He walked this morning and blew/raked leaves for the last time I hope.  We are hoping that the city comes by soon to get them.

Hugs to all of you.