Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, March 10th)

Good Morning,  It's cloudy and breezy and chilly outside of my window this morning.  I just got back from voting on two millage proposals.  I thought it was nice that they had a ballot for proposals only.  I placed a call with my lawnmower repair guy and he will be swinging by some time after noon to pick up the mower for maintenance and a tune up.

I'm expecting delivery from 2 stores today - the second JCP order (t-shirts and athletic pants) and Barnes and Noble (music).

My new shoes should be arriving some time this week, probably closer to Friday.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, March 10th)

Spring cleaning here. Dining and living rooms yesterday, master bedroom and bath today. Tomorrow will be guest room and bath. I save the kitchen for last because it is the most work. Can't do as much as I used to, but I try to do my best. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies.....cloudy but warm day here..yesterday was glorious...it hit 70!! Today is still pretty warm but if the sun would come out it would be another 70 degree day probably.   I am starting to see plants etc pop up,from the earth.  I haven't seen a Robin yet....last night was the " worm" full super moon ,as the natives Americans gave it that name because the earthworms etc are  starting g to move underground.  If you get a chance look up tonight..it should still be full .     I have not heard any peepers yet..as they are a sure sign of spring.

I had gone  to the supermarket this morning and there was a good supply of t.p. And paper towels...I did not go down the cleaning supply aisle so I do t know about them....there were no hand sanitizers etc.    not that I wanted to buy some but just checking the supply.

RetRN sounds like you have been busy......I don't want to even think about anything  like that......somehow it will get done..... 

I hope you like all your purchases Bernie...the tops you bought from JCP are nice....had to go their website and check them out......

I hope  Charlenes DH is doing better....

That's all from here....have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today is rain all day. I'm washing bedspread, towels and throws today. Maybe I'll pay a couple of bills. It looks like I might have a billing issue with Amazon so I'll have to make a call. I noticed with my Christmas shopping I somehow got signed up for services automatically that I did not want. I've been sorting thru a couple of those these last two months.

Tomorrow will be my day to pick up prescriptions and maybe some groceries. I want to limit my trips to 1/per week because of the lines at both places. I have a zero immune system so I want to be careful. 

Our neighbor had some more trees cut down yesterday but not the two that are near our house. The company that she uses only cuts them half way down and keeps the debris in the wooded area. Not our approach. I think she's clearing out all the trees that could fall on her fence or blow debris in her pool. We are surrounded by woods on 3 sides so there are always tree issues, problems, etc. Having had one tree (not ours) come down on our garage roof I'm always checking the health of trees. 

The deer have been around daily. My guess is that they are waiting on the hosta to sprout for their "breakfast buffet".  I have two plants next to the back hedges and they push their way past the fence and arbor to get at those in the evening. I haven't found a spot to relocate them. I tried the other side under some bushes but the groundhogs found them. At least, I think it was the ground hogs. I have seen a coupld doe walk up the side steps to eat the iris, etc. when they have babies so it's anybody's guess.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

Greetings, and thank you Bernie for starting the thread. It is in the 60s but  rainy. I had about 2 hours of sleep last night. I'm a light sleeper and the arthritis pain was nagging me, not to mention a possible tear in the rotator cuff. Because of lack of sleep, I cancelled my sub day today.

I did get my Skechers TSV which fit perfectly. Tomorrow is trash day so I need to do something about that but first, I have to go to the drug store and pick up a prescription pain med of a limited day supply.

The local Senior Citizen Center has canceled its weekly Bingo nights as a precautionary measure. I think I have enough paper supplies should I have to be quarantined for two weeks. When this crisis first surfaced and rumors of vanishing hand sanitizer emerged, I managed to find some locally but none can be found now.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  It has been cloudy and warm here today (made it up to 70 degrees), and we are expecting rain tonight and for the next few days.  Also cooler temperatures.

Hope you like your JCP items.  Glad you were able to get your voting done and arrange for your mower maintenance.

Waves to RetRN, Marijane, Fressa, and Jean (sorry about your lack of sleep). 

I think I forgot to mention that the other day when I was at the gym there was a rattlesnake outside the window.  They have the treadmills and elliptical machines looking out floor to ceiling windows.  There is a nice view of the mountains, and some plants, etc.  Anyway, one of the ladies on the treadmill saw the rattlesnake, and they called the fire department which sent out a man who picked up the snake with long tongs and put him/her into a box.  They take the snakes out to the desert rather than kill them or anything.  I think a lot of them come back to the same spot later, but.....  

Larry (the man some of you have been praying for) came back to the gym today.  He couldn't use too many machines, and needs to go back and have something taken out of his bladder.  But, they think they got all the cancer.  Thanks for your prayers.

My buddy at the senior lunch program called me in the morning since she was sick, so I had some extra duties today.  They are canceling several activities, including a weight watchers meeting and a concert on Saturday.  It is possible that they will cancel the adult day care and the senior lunch program.  Hope that doesn't happen, but....

Obviously, I went to the gym today, and that went well.  The bookclub yesterday went pretty well, but my friend Jo Ann fell down as she walked into the porch where we were meeting.  She was not hurt, but....  This was her last bookclub meeting before her move.  I just arranged to meet her for lunch on Friday.  I will miss her, but this move is for the best.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting us know about Larry @LindaLatte 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise