Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, June 18th)

[ Edited ]

Hello shopping friends, how are you are this great day?   It felt good to be able to take my daily circumin supplement with breakfast this morning.  I think it really helps with inflammation (aches and pains).  I placed the order at betterhealthstore dot com on Friday and it was delivered yesterday afternoon.  Free shipping too Woman Very Happy

I can't tell if it's going to rain or not.  It's been so cloudy around here at night lately that I was not able to see the full moon last night.  I slept like I was drugged or something so I guess the moon still worked it's magic even though I didn't see it.

There's something about the full moon - I always sleep like the dead Woman Happy

I'm not feeling any urges to shop so I guess that's a good thing.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, June 18th)

Hello Ladies.....thanks s fo starting Bernie....nice that you received your supplement so quick and you slept great last night.  I didn’t see see the moon last night either and haven’t since it started being full on Sunday....rain,cloudy weather past few days.  JUne has turned into what May was....rain..but My flowers love it.  I have planted about 20 pots off flowers and am done...I may pick up another few if I see any on sale..but for the most part finished.

Its raining,pouring,now and according to the alerts I have been receiving only gonna  get worse.  

Not much else going on here......have a nice day,Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad your circumin supplement arrived quickly, and you slept well last night.  I slept fairly well myself, but I don't know if there was any moon connection.

I did make it to the pool yesterday afternoon, and it was great.  The water was just right -- warm, but not too hot, plus several of my pool buddies were there.  I caught up on news about others, and had a nice swim.

Today I have the senior lunch program and plan to go to the gym in the afternoon.  "My gym" is closed for two weeks, so I will need to go to a different one that I don't like as much.  It is smaller and has less machines, including some that I use every time.  But, at least it is only two weeks.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hi, Marijane.  Sorry you are having so much rain, but it is nice for all those flowers you planted.  It is dry and hot here again today.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Glad you were able to get your supplement so quickly and get your day off to a good start. Congrats upon a good night's sleep.

Marijane--You are having the same weather we are of non-stop rain or it seems like that. May and June have been excessively rainy to the point any farmers have not been able to plant crops because of root rot and the winds that have blown some over that were plantd.

Linda--Glad you were able to make it to the pool and enjoy it. When we enjoy something, we miss it when it is closed despite another being available.

I didn't sleep well last night as the cat kept getting me up every two hours. At 16, he might be having pain but he doesn't slow down much.  Rain? Every day except one last week and heavy rain every day this week. Flash flood warnings were issued for some areas. 

I've been so good about exercising every day for the past two weeks but didn't feel like it today from lack of sleep. I may try later today.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   That's funny about the moon......it often tends to keep me awake when it's full.  Maybe it's because I have Cancer rising on my chart!  Last night I did wake up for no apparent reason about 1-1/2 hours after falling asleep.  I went back to sleep and was deep into a vivid dream when the clock went off at 5am (that is unusual for me).

It has finally (temporarily) stopped raining here, and the sun is actually out today.  I went running at lunch time, which I hadn't been able to do all weekend because of the constant rain.

Here in Mentor, OH, we are known for our beautiful, mile or so long beach.  I have many memories of days spent there hanging out with the gang when I was younger.  On last night's news they showed some pictures of it now, and I almost fainted.  It's gone.  The entire beach, including the huge parking area behind it is completely submerged under Lake Erie water.  The lake is 30" above normal and at the highest level ever.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde  Oh I can related 2blonde.  When I was a kid we used vacation at bunch of cabins called Hilltop Haven.  It was near Port Austin (MI).  We had to cross a road to get to the beach.  I'm nearly 57 and am talking about when I was 8 or 9 years old.  I heard second hand from my eldest sister that the beach eroded and the place was unrecognizable by the late 80's.  Glad I didn't see it first hand so I can have my memories Heart.

I think they developed that area and there are fancy schmancy homes there now.

I'm sorry that you had to see that, sincerely.  

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   Thank you for your kindness.  I admit I haven't been a beach goer for years, but that picture sure did give me a shock.  I suppose it's a good thing I saw it, though, since I still live only about a 15 minute drive from there.  I might have suddenly decided to visit, and would have a worse shock seeing it in person!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde   Very true.  Had I walked down memory lane at what used to be Hilltop Haven without any warning I know I would have cried my eyes out.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - checking in late today.  I know what you all mean when you talk about childhood places sometimes changing drastically.  Makes me feel nostalgic.

Not much going on around here.  After feeling lethargic for a few days I finally got a bunch of gardening and other chores done.

I've purchased a few things here and there.  Average for me.

Susan - if you read this, congratulations on adopting Laverne, and I hope that she works out well!  ~  Charlene