Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, July 16th)

Good Morning all, 

We had quite a downpour early yesterday evening.  I'm not complaining because some communities north and south of me experienced 60 mph wind and penny sized hail. Woman Surprised

The plant life and wildlife needed the rain.  It cooled off briefly into the 70's and then the humidity came in with almost a physical presence Woman Very Happy  It felt like a sauna out there when I awoke before 6 o'clock this morning.

I've been reading that many stores are trying to compete with Prime Days and my inbox full of 'deals' supports that.  I just keep deleting the emails because I can't really think of anything that I need. 

If you are getting great shopping deals, please share.  I'll live vicariously through you Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, July 16th)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you got some rain, but sorry it is so very humid there.  Today is another "excessive heat warning" day here, but it wasn't too bad on my early walk this morning.  I think the clouds help a little.  

You are doing a good job in deleting those special offers to focus on needs.  I have not received too many special offers, but Amazon is busy keeping the focus on "Prime" days (two days instead of one).  So far, nothing other than the travel belt wallet and Echo Dot have motivated me to give in to the sales pitch.

Yesterday evening turned out to be wonderful.  I loved the performance.  It is a little difficult to describe, but it is mostly musical numbers, but full of gags, etc.  For example, they had a Dolly Parton skit with three different "Dolly's" (all wearing appropriate costumes) who sang individually and then together.  They also had some performers who sang/dressed as Madonna, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Kevin Bacon (Footloose), Elvis, etc.  I was literally dancing in my chair for many of the acts, plus singing along with many.  

Then, I went out to dinner with others who attended, and that was great as well -- both food and conversation.  So glad I was invited and decided to attend.  

Today I have the senior lunch program and plan to go to the gym in the afternoon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, July 16th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. You certainly are doing a great job deleting those emails attempting to compete with Amazon Prime Day.

Linda--It sounds as if you had a wonderful time yesterday evening. Also, you have done a great job resisting Amazon temptations as the items you chose will be helpful to you.

I just returned from the city. I got my hair cut, had lunch with a friend and then went to the car dealer for the car's checkup, oil change and tire rotation. I ended up with that being done with new wiper blades, a new cabin air filter, and the rear brakes cleaned and adjusted. The total bill was $200 so I don't need to purchase an extravagant item from Amazon. I did get a folding cane with excellent reviews to take with me when traveling, etc. 

Storms are expected for tomorrow so we decided to cancel out trip to Columbus and do it later. We are sick of rain so we had no desire to have our day ruined with it or bad storms.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.