Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, February 20th

Good Morning, Ladies!  We are having an unusual chilly/cloudy spell in southern Arizona.  Our high for today is only supposed to be in the mid-50's and it should be in the 30's tonight.  I know that would be nice and warm for other areas, but it is not for us at this time of the year.  I am sorry that DH's DGD's are visiting this weekend when it is cool, which means that they won't be swimming as they had hoped.  Oh well.....

I have my volunteer job today at the senior lunch program, and I plan to go to the gym this afternoon before I visit DH.  

Finally starting to relax a little after the mess with DH on Sunday.  Sometimes it is difficult not getting upset and anxious.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Please post if you have a chance, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, February 20th

Good morning everyone, Linda - thanks for getting us started today.  I was sorry to read about the events with your DH a couple of days ago.  The same thing happened to an elderly friend of mine in a nursing home.  She was on hospice and on a DNR list, but there was a choking incident when an employee panicked and called the ambulance.  hospice explained that calling an ambulance could have gotten the elderly woman removed from the hospice program.  I would be more sympathetic towards a new employee, but anyone who's worked in the business a while should know better.  I understand that it's not an easy job, but it's still their job and they should try to do it correctly.  I hope that your DH has a good day today.  twinny - that must have been alarming to have passed out while having that medical test done.  Hoping that you're back to normal and feeling well.  Jean - how nice that you treated yourself to some diamond earrings.  You don't mention buying jewelry often, so I hope you enjoy them.

Unlike a couple of you, I have enjoyed using the Vitamix I bought a couple of years ago.  I own one that's quite similar to the TSV from a day or two ago.  I use it mostly to make healthy smoothies - it's the simplest way for me to get extra servings of fruits and vegetables into my diet.

My weekly Bible study doesn't meet this week, so I have a little extra time on my hands.  I finally got around to making some floral candle rings, similar to what Valerie Parr Hill sells.  I made them to match my pink/pastel colored quilt that I put out in the spring.  I've never done a craft quite like that before and surprisingly, they turned out quite well.  I might make more in the future to match my other couple of quilts.  

I also cleaned out part of my pantry and part of my freezer which felt good.  I'm also working on the thousands of digital photos I have on my computer.  It is so time-consuming.  Why, oh why, did I let myself get so behind?  I need to weed through them, label and organize them, then back them up.  We had a computer crash 2 years ago and I lost all of our photos from a trip to Hawaii - yikes!  Thankfully, the rest of the folders got rescued.  

So much stuff to do on top of the regular chores.  Better make efficient use of my time.  Waves to everyone!  ~  Charlene 

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

https://sondasmcschatter.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/love-your-pet-day.jpghttp://www.pictures88.com/p/tuesday/tuesday_043.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Your weather doesn't sound good at alll, especially compared to ours this week. It is understandable that you would be upset with the problems involved in DH's treatment plan by some individuals. You trust the facility and the employees to follow through. New employees need thorough training, but even with that some indiividduals will have a meltdown and panic. I'm glad you are more calm today.

Charlene--What a bummer about losing your Hawaii photos. I'm also bad about backing photos up.

meallen--I totally agree that everyday is "Love Your Pet Day." Jim Hunt  has some great illustrations.

I worked today and will again tomorrow. Thursday and Friday will be a walkout in protest of proposed Legislative action curtailing benefits and raising rates, etc.  Those days will be made up at the end of the year.

The good news is that we have been having fabulous weather very atypical of February. We hit the low 80s today with beautiful sunshine. It won't last but we certainly are enjoying it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello, it was darker cloudy and rainy today.  There are puddles all over the cold ground in the backyard.  I worked remotely today and was productive.  My JCP items shipped so that's something to look forward to.  It's almost warm enough to wear a spring coat in my necks of the woods today.  You know the weather is not right if it's warmer in Michigan than Arizona.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise