Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, Dec13th

Good Morning Shopping Friends :-)

It's cloudy, but a bright kind of cloudy outside my window this morning.  I'm paying for the snow shoveling I did yesterday, he he.  Lower back mostly. The more I move around the less I feel like the tin-man from the Wizard of Oz.  My street is on a school route, so the plows just went through.  I couldn't help but think Duh - you're plowing now, after the start of school time?   Today is garbage day so I walked my bag down to the driveway, carrying a snow shovel with me, to check out what the plow dropped in my driveway approach.  It was very little :-)

I didn't go really crazy at JCP or anything the other day when I placed an order.  Just a belt, pair of pants and top, plus a pair of jammies for my middle sister.  @KonaKat  Jean, it was the 30% that called my name and not really the ebates percentage, lol.

I can't believe one part of the order (everything but the belt) is out for delivery already.

I'm having coffee and watching Perry Mason on MeTV.  My birds are happy and Presto is visiting me in the office quite a bit this morning.  She knows how to perk her mama up :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tuesday, Dec13th

Hi everyone,

http://www.angelathisislife.com/2015_11_01_archive.html

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it is sunny & will get cold starting tomorrow.  No complaints from me either.  I have been out & back home again.  The heated seats are nice.

I wrote all of our Christmas cards yesterday & I am trying to write a few to some of mom's dear friends.  A difficult job right now.

I need to wash floors & clean the card mess off of the dining room table.  We are eating lunch out with friends & then playing cards.

meallen, Nice graphic too.

Off to do something constructive.  Christmas is coming faster & faster & I can't keep up with it.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx @Bird mama for the start,  I'm praying for you & your family as you travel down this difficult road, God Bless You All

@meallen616, yes, scary isn't it

Well quite cold here & will be getting worse, the "dish" on the roof is all iced up so no tv, thankful for my laptop & the radio, it'll probably be Spring before it melts off  lol

Stay Warm

Essie

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad the plow did not drop too much on the driveway.  Speaking of, I just heard one go down the street.  It just started snowing here about an hour or so ago.  This means that all the stores are now out of bread, toilet paper, and milk.  You know the big three that keeps life going.   Glad your order is started to ship, that is good service.

Meallen -  Cute graphic, but I refuse to panic.  If I don't have it, you're not getting it.  No really, we just buy for the grandkids and niece's.  We don't buy for the adults anymore.

Twinny - Hope you get your cards out.  Enjoy your lunch today.

Essie -  Hope you get your tv back, I don't watch it during the day, except for the noon news.  But, I do like it in the evening to watch what we have recorded.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening, and thanks for getting us started Bernie.  I'm not surprised you are a little stiff after all that shoveling.  Glad your JCP order is coming so quickly, and the snow plow didn't dump too much on your driveway.  I remember when the plows did that after I had spent a lot of time shoveling -- not fun.  Glad you have time off, and I'm thinking of you.

No panic here, meallen -- thank goodness for that.

I bet those heated seats feel good twinny.  I have my cards sitting on the table, but non done so far.  Glad you are mostly finished.

Sorry it is so cold there, Essie, and your dish isn't working.  I never had an issue like that when I had a dish in Maryland.  But, sometimes it went out when there were bad storms.  

I certainly remember those days of snow panic, Susan.  They always talked on the news about the three "vital" items.  I can't say that I had a problem with toilet paper, but there were sometimes problems with bread and milk.  I could bake bread, but milk was a no go.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, snicks, Marijane, Karen, Gayle, Charlene, Barbara, 3suwm5, butterfly, LindaR, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

The senior lunch program went well today, and I'm headed to the gym soon.  Thank goodness DH was much better yesterday afternoon/evening.  He really had me worried.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Evening, Hooray TV back on, earlier today heard a big thump & a pile of snow came down, still cold temps but the sun was shining so I guess that did it

Hope all are having a good evening

Essie