Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, Aug. 16)

Hello all, my excitement today is that Lowe's shipped my new smoke alarms Woman Very Happy It's mostly sunny here today and I've got the windows closed and the A/C set.  It's not too hot but it is more humid.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, Aug. 16)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  It is currently 94 degrees here -- windows definitely closed.  I think COVID has made me more sensitive to the heat, so I have turned down the AC a little more than usual.

Hope your smoke alarms work out well.  My big excitement was having UPS come to pick up the mouse missing the part that I received from Amazon yesterday.  There was no charge, and I thought it would be easier than going to the UPS store tomorrow (soonest I can leave the house).  But, I had never asked for this service before.  They said that you had to be there when he arrived (no problem), but I was concerned that I might be sleeping.  Anyway, I was in the kitchen and saw the truck pull up.  The UPS man was extremely nice, and told me that in the future I could leave the package on the front porch with a sign saying UPS pick-up.  My new mouse should arrive later today.  Times like this I really love Amazon.

In addition to resting and trying to eat and drink, I have been spending a lot of time trying to copy files, pictures, connect my printer, etc., to the new computer.  Fortunately, a lot of it wasn't difficult, but I still have work to do.  I can't tell you how many wonderful "offers" I have been given to have increased security, cloud storage, etc., etc.  Trying to dodge all these offers takes time.  Plus, getting the privacy and security settings straight.  But, I am sort of patting myself on the back for accomplishing as much as I have.  

Unless I am not feeling well enough, I plan to buy gasoline and a few groceries tomorrow (wearing my mask, of course) since my 5-day isolation period will be over.  

I think I would be in trouble if we had stores with those sorts of prices around here, Glenda.  Good for you with all those bargains..

Waves to Fressa, and all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tuesday, Aug. 16)

Bird Mama, our weather is perfect.  70's for about 10 days, not humid, but it might be a wet weekend. The windows have been open most of the time.  I hope that your smoke alarms work out good for you.

Linda L, I am glad that you are feeling better & can get out & about soon.  I am no good at setting  up electronics.  I love my new Bose radio and I only had to plug the cord into the back of it and then into the wall.  The old one had a lot of push buttons which I used more than I did the remote. This one doesn't have any buttons, but if I tap the top, It goes on or off.   My dh got gas last week for $3.54.  I don't buy a lot from the store that I bought the new tops at, but every once in a while it's fun.  This is the same store that I bought the brand new DB faux lynx coat for $50 a few years ago.  It was missing the hood.  I have more fun at the outlet store in our town as its a lot like the QVC Outlet Stores. I worked at the main store for 32 years.

I went to my 6th PT session this morning.  Two more Tuesday's are scheduled, but the last one depends upon what I find out when I go to Research Park two weeks from yesterday.  I rode my moped to PT as I haven't driven the  2021 Cross Trek loaner car & I didn't want to wreck it.  It's 1.8 miles from home each way.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda