Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time -- Tuesday, April 11th

Good Morning!  It is sunny here, and it may reach 90 degrees today.  I'm not complaining.  Just received some very good news -- we do not owe any taxes this year!  In fact, we are receiving small refunds from both the Federal government and the State.  I think we will need to pay estimated taxes again later, but not for the first quarter.  What a wonderful surprise.  I will stop by the tax preparer's office after the senior lunch program. Of course, we owe the tax preparer, but the refunds should cover his bill.

Yesterday was as busy as I expected, but it was good.  Much to my surprise, I was able to feed DH dinner -- they didn't eat until later than normal.  He is such a dear man.

The lunch at our neighbor's house was quite nice.  Our neighbor had invited some "winter visitors" who are about to return to MN.  I thought about Barbara.  Very nice couple.  The host did her usual wonderful job, and I ate too much as usual.  After lunch, I raced over to the bookclub meeting.  The weather was so nice that we held the meeting out on one of the host's patio.  It was a good meeting, and it turned out that the book we discussed had just won the Pulitzer Prize.  So, now I feel like I'm in the know.  LOL

I sure hope they catch the gun shop robber, twinny.  He sounds like a very dangerous person.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a good day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time -- Tuesday, April 11th

90 degrees!  Early in the season isn't it?  I'm good with the 60/70 degree weather we have been having - storms rolled through last night - love having window open and listening to the rumbles of thunder - puts me to sleep.

Honored Contributor

Image result for sunny day images

Honored Contributor

National Pet Day - April 11

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we had brief thunderstorms last night , but it is sunny & 50's again.   90's seems early for your area.  Your dinner out with your neighbors sounded like fun.  I read a lot, but I don't belong to a book club.  Yes, your DH sounds like a very sweet man.

meallen. Cute graphic.

3suwm5, I am with you because I love sunny & 50-70's.  I very much dislike hot weather.

The gun shop robber is still on the loose.  Hundreds of law enforcement officers looking for him.  Since he burned his vehicle, they have no clue if he has an accomplice or driving a stolen vehicle.  Lots of area sports, churches, schools & public buildings are taking safety measures.

Our DS is still battling Shingles.  I hope that he has relief real soon.

I didn't walk today because I had a few inside jobs to tackle.  We did hot tub after & supper is leftovers from last night.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all - work felt like work today, lol.  I think I have spring fever or something because as I was listening to music on the way to work this morning, I was fantasizing about handing in my 2 week notice.  

I'll work through it Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise