Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues. October 22)

Hello and how are you today?  It's sunny, windy and chilly in my neck of the woods.  I'm watching a young feral pigeon in my yard with a bum left foot.  The bird has all of it's toes (always a good sign) and the color of the bum foot doesn't look bad, the bird just can't apply pressure to it.

I opened the family room door and talked to the bird and it didn't immediately fly off.  It's so windy that the bird had to steady itself with a wing while it ate.

The garage addition that was part of the original build of the house has a manual roll up garage door right off the patio.  I pulled the door up about 6-8 inches, knelt down on the inside of the garage and spoke to the bird when it was on the patio.  I turned on the light and will leave the door ajar in case the bird wants to get out of the wind.

I have one of those outdoor patio mats that I bought from the Q folded up like a little pallet and maybe the bird will want to come in and rest for a little while.

We'll see Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues. October 22)

Hi Everyone!

It's raining here --all day. I'm rethinking my plans to do errands and tackle bills and paperwork. I might start with clearing out some old seasonal /holiday items in storage bins or save that for another day. 

Yesterday I did laundry and my washer started to act up. It kept giving me a code on everry other load. I read my booklet but I could not get the double drain plug seperated. I thought that maybe the washer either had a bit more suds than it liked or the load was a bit small. So 5 loads took all day until after dinner. Honestly, if I didn't read the booklet and do the regular maintainence on it I don't think I would get aggrivated so much. Here's hoping I figured out the magic combination. Washer repair or placement is not on my list for this year. It's only 5 years old!

That's so kind of you to create a safe space for the bird. I like to see the little birds and the woodpeckers on our suet feeder. We have those little house wrens that make nests in my wreaths and planters all year. The neighborhood hunting cat loves our Vernada rug on our front porch. He takes a nap on it during the afternoon and snozzes on it at night. We have all those woods around us so he's kept busy with hunting. 

Slowly I'm getting things covered outside and put away for the Fall/Winter. Every year I end up with trying to remember which covers went on what item. I always have a few covers that get ripped by falling branches or wildlife each year.I purchased those peppermint oil sacks to place inside some of the grills, etc. Hopefully, it will discourage the critters from using the grills and storage sheds as a motel. Fingers crossed on that experiment.

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon.

Respected Contributor

one time we had a pigeon in our yard with a injured foot it stayed under a patio table for a couple of days and then was gone. I had to keep our cocker spaniel on a leash when she went out because she wouldn’t leave the pigeon alone.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we had rain yesterday morning then a sunny afternoon.  Today we are under a wind advisory until 7:00 this evening.  I hope that little pigeon comes in to warm up.

fressa, your weather sounds a lot like ours.  I started putting my summer clothes away and replacing them with winter clothes yesterday.  I decluttered & have a few things to donate.  I like it when I can look into the closet & see what I have at a glance.  Good luck with your washer.  My DH has been mowing/leaf blowing & raking.  Then the next day it looks like he hasn't done anything.  Good luck with your washer.  

leggett, welcome.  It sounds like your pigeon had a good place to stay before flying away.

It's a nasty windy day so I am fixing a beef roast, fresh green beans and potatoes and gravy for supper.

I am enjoying reading a good Amish book &  having a lazy day.  Tomorrow we go to the Capitol City for my infusion.  I am glad that we aren't out on the road today.  I hope & pray that it goes well.  I feel as though my batteries need to be recharged.

On Thursday afternoon I am going back up to see my neurologist in the Capitol City but a different hospital.  I am hoping that it goes well & I can stay on the 6-8 week infusion plan.  I heard through the grapevine that he is retiring.  I am going to be asking him about it.  I hope that he isn't.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I just got in from work which was a good day. I also work on Thursday. Tomorrow, I have an appointment to take my cat in for a checkup, which is an hour's drive. I really like this vet practice as they are open Monday through Friday all day with evening hours two days a week. The local vet rotates his practice around 3 locations, so the hours are limited and not every day, so I prefer taking the time to go the vet with the great  hours. In addition, they specialize in small animals and treat pets as if they are family.

I have no need for the TSV based upon my use of Bare Minerals a few years ago, an experience that didn't work oiut well for me. I did just place an order with Amazon for one of those automatic shutoff air compressors to use with my car's tires. It important to keep them properly inflated, especially with our crooked and winding roads.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies...Twinny just wanted to say good luck with your infusion tomorrow.    it has been a lousy rain day here.  I had my hair done today then we brought back the harness from the cardio dr my d,h. had placed on yesterday.  He was in for his 6 month check up last week and everything was fine.....this 24 harness thing he has done every year or so.  After we dropped that off we went for a late lunch..early dinner.....yay...no cooking for me!

We had gone into Bklyn Sunday to see my g.s.football game, another lousy freezing day. the games only are about an hour or so  ( thank GOD )and I was dressed  as if I was going hiking in Alaska!  

Not or much else going on here....have a nice evening......oh Bernie....did that pigeon hang around and make his way into your garage?    Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Good luck with your infusion, twinny.  Waves to Jean, Freesa, Marijane, and all of out posters and readers.

I have not felt well for several days, and find myself sleeping a lot -- plus coughing, etc.  Today, I finally decided to go to the walk-in clinic in our area (first visit for me), and I was impressed with them.  Anyway, they think I may have the flu despite having the "senior" flu shot, and prescribed some medication.  The flu vaccines are not good for all varieties, and they told me last year it was only good for 10 percent of the flu.  I might have caught something on my trip or in the plane.

I canceled out at work, which really bothered me, but I don't want to spread the flu or whatever this is around.  I also changed my personal training session until next week, canceled out on a luncheon tomorrow, and changed by ear doctor appointment scheduled for Thursday.  The earliest I could get an appointment was December 12th.  Yikes!  Fortunately, this is just a routine visit.  

Hope to feel better soon -- not hungry at all and zero energy.

Have a nice evening everyone and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1  the lame pigeon never took me up on the offer.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise