Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., November 12th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon, 

The birds were hungry so I started my morning shoveling off the patio.  Since I was basically frozen solid I did the driveway from the garage to the sidewalk.  I needed my first cup of coffee for the day so I came in and thawed out.

Once I was no longer frozen and the sun was out, I finished the front of the of the house.  I'm on a school bus route so my street gets plowed.  Those plows really pack in driveways near the street.  I looked at my handy snowjoe shovel and said, yea, too big a job for you.  I went into the garage and brought out an old steel shovel that was shaped like this:

Image result for shovel

I then ran a nice hot bath. Once I soak a little and wash up, I rinse off by turning on the shower.  I certainly did not expect for the insert of the shower head to fall off.

The shower head looks like this ^^^^ .  Without that water diffuser thing on the shower head it felt like I was getting beat to death.  All I could say was owwwww.  Thank goodness it happened right at the end of my rinse cycle.

I know how to replace a shower head.  I need to pull the old one off so I could see the diameter of the pipe that the shower head is connected to.  I want this to be as simple as possible.

Of course, the shower head that appeals to me is top rated and not available in the store (home depot).  If I'm going to order the da*n thing I wanna make sure it's gonna fit.

I guess I'll be shopping for shower heads.  I did get an email from the company formerly known as ebates.  They sent me a check for nearly $8 - woo hoo.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., November 12th)

Bernie-- You know how to tackle the snow, relax and how to order a new shower head. You are definitely a DIY person.

I am at work during lunch. I am not the best at posting from a phone but since I was out most of the day yesterday, I thought I had better check in. I do have the Berkshire reversible throws at the Post Office which are intended as gifts.
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's snowing here and windy so the dogs are having fun playing outside. My washer is officially broken. I spent 2 hours per load for 2 loads yesterday before it finally gave out. We think it's the drain pump. I had water everywhere but in the drain. I just hope all of that moisture didn't shrink his shirts in the dryer. My husband thinks we can fix it once we order the part. It will be less than what was quoted to me by Samsung. None of the repair companies that I used are still in bueiness. The prices quoted from Samsung made my jaw hit the floor. $300 to come to the door plus parts, etc. Well...no wonder people just get a new one. My warrnaty expired last year. Typical. The pump costs under $200 but it's worth a try. There was a video that we watched on the installation so we have some kind of help. Honestly....it's always something.

Sorry to hear about the shower head. That can be a tricky installation if the fit isn't exact. I hope it arrives sooner than later.

The shop vac is still drying out from the washer situation so I'm taking  my Dyson V10 down to the laundry to clean out the vents and behind the dryer and washer. (since it's sitting in the middle of the room) Yep, only want to move that one more time.) This wiill be a good test for the Dyson that's for sure. Then I'll pay some bills. I sure can have a fun afternoon if I put my mind to it. LOL

Tonight I'm making meatloaf and roasting butternut squash. I'll probably roast some tiny potatoes so I can have everything in the oven. 

I have my fingers crossed that the snow doesn't accumulate on the driveway. I cleared off the snow on the solar lights in the patio area but haven't got he front. If I have to salt then i'll do both at once. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you get that new showehead soon, Bernie.  As Jean said, you are certainly a DIY person.  I was thinking you would be good in one of those You Tube "how to" videos.  Somehow seeing another female do things would be encouraging to me.  I think it would be helpful for other women who would be willing to try.  Good job on the snow, etc.

Hi Jean, I'm not sure I could handle posting from the phone, so I give you credit for doing so.  As Jean knows, I ended up calling the mobile health people about my issues the other night with my device.  It turns out that it was not sitting in the charger properly.  The lady I spoke to was so nice and patient.  I will be more careful in the future.  Jean knows since she suggested that I contact them, and I'm happy that I did so.  No problems at all last night, but I still didn't sleep well.  The problem was that I was tired and went to bed early, but then kept waking up.  Oh well......

My goodness Fressa.  I thought it was bad when years ago Sears charged $175 to come to my house to check out the washer.  Then, I spent quite a bit (or so I thought) on the parts.  Fortunately, the washer (knock on wood) is still working, and it is quite old (I think about 19 or 20 years old).  Since there seem to be many problems with the newer washers (from reading reviews and hearing from friends), my plan is to replace it only when it breaks.  I did replace the dryer that was about the same age.  

I had a refrigerator that died right after the warranty went out, but this one broke within the warranty period.  They offered an extended warranty, so I took it, but I think it will be up soon.  Pretty sure I'll need to buy a new one since they seem to build in obsolescence.

There was an incident with one of the senior lunch people today that really upset me.  She thought I did not give her enough stew, and waited until I was doing something else, and ran up to serve herself to more.  I caught her doing so, and said that I was planning to serve her more in a little while.  In fact, I was planning to give her a second helping after I was sure there would not be any latecomers, but I was shocked that she did this on her own.  And, I said something.  I really hate conflict, so I was pretty upset.  But, I do think she was in the wrong.  I know it isn't really important, so I'm trying to let go of my negative thoughts.

Headed off to the gym soon.  It is windy here, but should make it up into the 70's and no snow or even rain.  I hope those of you in the frigid zone stay warm and safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--That charge is outrageous. I can understand why people would buy new rather than replace if these go bad that quickly and often. I hope that once you order the part that you can install it successfully. That isn't something I could do but many save by doing their own work.

Linda--I am glad that you got the alert device problem resolved. I usually watch the lights on mine for a minute to make sure it is making contact correctly when I replace it in the charger. My sister in law had the version that used batteries that did not recharge, so when she went to use it once it did not work because the battery had died and she didn't know it.

Work was good tdoay and afterwards, I went to the Post Office and picked up the Berkshire reversible faux fur throws and the Lock n Lock TSV. All will be used as gifts.

We are expecting record low temperatures tonight. I am so tired of this already.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Oh @Fressa  I'm sorry to read about the washer.  They sure don't seem to last as long as they used to.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  that's a tough one regarding the senior lunch.  On the one hand you don't want everyone and their mother helping themselves from a cleanliness perspective.  On the other hand, you don't know if this woman was really that hungry.  If she's a regular she ought to know you by now and recognize that you are fair and try to accommodate every attendee.