Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., May 7th)

Good Morning/Afternoon all,

It's on the chilly side and raining in my neck of the woods.  I'm hoping for good news about Cleo today Heart

The lightweight quilt TSV is very pretty.  I came this close to ordering the lavender/green stripe.  It was a good thing I watched the presentation and learned that only one side is cotton and the other is microfiber.  

I don't mind a thinner summer weight quilt.  I prefer it to be the same fabric on both sides.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., May 7th)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  It is cooler here today, but still should make it to the upper 70's or low 80's.  Like you, I am hoping today is the day for baby Cleo.

Funny thing, I was considering the TSV as well, but read one of the Q&A's and discovered it is not all cotton.  Probably just as well since I was unsure about ordering it and then being away when it arrived.  Oh well.....

I had trouble sleeping last night (not unusual), but I'm still going to the senior lunch program.  My fellow volunteered called me this morning to say that she did not sleep well, and felt like a zombie.  So, she will not be there today -- that means more work for me, but I can certainly understand.

I am planning to go to the gym this afternoon.  Nothing else of note.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I haven't checked out the TSV as I just got home from work. It is good that you took time to find details and then determine it was not what you wanted.

Linda--Sorry  you had trouble sleeping. You also had good reasons for not ordering the TSV I do hope the senior lunch program went well, and that you had a productive time at the gym.

I see that my Denim & Co. beach pants are still in process. Compare that to an order elsewhere I made the day after the TSV, an order which will arrive today. This was a need and was easier than driving to the city to buy it, especially when the shipping was free.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, another beautiful day here..how long can it last I wonder....I am seeing reports this may be the last for for a few days.

I have not even see the s/v today except in an email but I I know I don't need it so never looked.

Jean I received my s/v today...it said it would be delivered by US mail  but this morning it  said it was being delivered by UPS instead of PO.  Maybe that's why I got it so fast.  I had just opened the package but did not try them on....probably later.

Have nice day....Marijane 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Great that you got the Beach pants so quickly. I do hope they work out for you.

I'm waiting for the lawn person to show up. He said he would be here in the evening but didn't give a time, just that he had another lawn to do before mine. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Jean, I had also ordered a top from IM...and it’s still in process!

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen the tsv, but we don't need it.  We have one on the bed  right now that is winter weight on one side & spring weight on the opposite side.  We have a summer weight one too, so we have all of the bases covered.

We had a beautuful 3 day weekend, so  I hung out of lots of laundry, rode my moped & got a few walks in. We had rain on Sunday afternoon and it's supposed to be heavy rain and windy tomorrow. Then nice and sunny for at least a week.  It's supposed to be in the 60's-low 70's.  Now if it would only stay like this for the rest of the summer.

We just got back from from a presentation at our senior center celebrating the 150th birthday of the Transcontinental Railroad which is on Friday.  It was very interesting.

Tomorrow I am getting my infusion in the Capitol City.  Prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated.  I called the hospital this morning and told them that I will be there at 9:45 & my port will be numb.  It's going to be a little bit tricky because I will have to numb it while we are on the road.  I am hoping that my DH can entertain himself for about 4 hours.  

Yesterday we got a notice from Subaru that there is a recall on our Forester, so my DH made an appointment for Saturday morning.  Our dgs's have a band concert on Monday night so we will be going up again for that.  It is Christopher's last one so we want to go see it.  I can't believe that he is a Senior in HS all ready.

Supper is chili in the crock pot that I made last week and froze.  I am trying to take it easy today.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   Sending up a prayer that the infusion at this new place goes off without a hitch.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise