Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tues., May 30th

Hello all, it's back to work for me.  I really enjoyed my weekend so I didn't have the dreads this morning.  The birds knew something was up and Grayson was clingy as usual when I've had a few days off.  If I stand still long enough he will sit on my feet so I can't go anywhere. 

So, how are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Tues., May 30th

Cloudy, rainy and in the 50's in New Jersey,

Related image

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad to hear you had a good weekend.  Hope work goes fast for you today.

We had a good Memorial Day, my SIL had a picnic and it was very nice, and the weather cooperated also.  Don't know where today went, I did nothing constructive yet. 

Well off to sweep the floors, have a good day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, did you get your new kitchen things put where you want them?  I bet it looks nice.  I am glad that you had a nice long weekend & didn't dread going back to work today.

I was very tired on Saturday & Sunday.  Tromping around in several cemeteries was hard work for me.  I have a difficult time walking on grass & uneven areas.  Cement is my best friend.

I played catch up in the house yesterday.  My DH knocked off the beautiful wooden jewelry box that my grandpa made for my mom. It is all inlaid wood with fancy legs w/a wooden ball on each leg.  One of the wooden balls came off & after much searching in our bedroom, we can't find it.  Thus, it leans to one side.  I have been on my hands & knees & so has my DH.

It has been sunny, 70's & windy.  We might get a shower tonight which would be nice for my tomato plants & new shrubs.

Hugs to all of you.

I walked yesterday & today.  I was too tired to walk much last week.  We went to the cheese factory after lunch & got my favorite Baby Swiss & my DH's favorite Muenster.  I am making a nice cheese tray for our "church in the park on Sunday.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, it is always nice when the weather cooperates for picnics.  Glad that you had a nice time.  My DH grilled out yesterday.  He knew that I was tired.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm glad you had a relaxing break but I know Grayson will miss you.

meallen--So sorry you are having rain. This has been an odd time for weather.

Susan--It is great the weather cooperated with your picnic and you had a good time.

Twinny--I understand your being tired from going to the cemeteries. I made a point of wearing shoes that would help me navigate the unever areas but one still had to be careful. I'm sorry your jewelry box had an accident. You will likely find the part when not looking for it. Did the part roll under the dresser or behind it?

I went to the city today and loaded up with groceries as the shelves are bare locally. I returned home about 1pm but after several trips from the car to the house to unload things, I was one tired person. The plans I had to do things this afternoon went by the wayside in favor of rest.

I think I will pick up that 14k and diamond gold watch. It is only $473+ month for 6 easy pays.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@twinny70

I received all of my kitchen items (tea kettle, dishes and silverware) on Friday.  I cleaned cupboards and drawers, washed all the the things and organized everything.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you had a nice "long" weekend.  It is amazing how animals seem to know what is gong on.  But, there is that mortgage for you to pay.

Sorry about your weather, meallen.  No rain here, and in the 90's already.

Hi Susan.  Glad you enjoyed the picnic and it was good weather.

I hope you get your strength back soon, twinny.  I think it can be tiring to go around cemeteries, and the emotional component can also be draining.  Glad you have been walking the past couple of days.   Hope you can find the piece and your jewelry box can be repaired soon.

You were a busy lady with your Wal-Mart visit and unloading, Jean.  Sounds like resting is a good idea.  I thought of you when I found a new "skill" for the Echo -- you can have Alexa call your cell phone.  Of course, that only helps if you misplace the phone in the house, but I have had that issue in the past.  I have not purchased the plugs that make it possible to turn on and off things like lights, but I'm thinking about doing so in the future.  Still having fun.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  

DH was pretty good yesterday, and I went swimming after my second visit.  Very nice -- I like it when the sun is off the pool and the water is warm but not hot. 

It was pretty hectic at the senior lunch program today, but all went well.  I'll be leaving for the gym soon, and then I'll visit DH.  

I ended up ordering the TSV sunglasses (purple and black).  Hope that I like them.  I have to admit that it was much easier to ignore Q temptations when I didn't watch presentations on TV.  Somehow it was easier to ignore things on the computer.  I think I should try going back to those days since I've been shopping a bit too much.  

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Congratulations to Charlene's daughter.  She looked lovely in her graduation picture.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean,  grocery shopping is tiring & putting things away is even worse.  I took a few 3 hour naps last week & still slept as good as always at night.  The missing wooden ball is a mystery because nothing can get under or behind the dresser or the high boy.  Our bedroom has a cedar chest at the foot of the bed & it has been moved 3 times.  I have searched my heart out under the bed.  The only other thing in our bedroom is one night stand no where near where the jewelry box fell.  DH knows that he can't vacuum yet.  Usually if something is on the floor, I step on it.  Enjoy your new watch.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - good to "see" you all again.  twinny - hope you're able to fix the sentimental jewelry box!

I'm still pretty tired from the trip up to Davis.  10 hour drive up and back.  The truck had been making some ominous noises on the way up, but we made it back fine.  Don't like having to worry about it though.  The graduation was a wonderful event.  They did a super job of making it nice. So happy for my DD.   I have more photos that I'll be posting on facebook when I have time.

Yesterday I planted about half of my tomato plants and overnight one got ruined by a gopher.  Gosh darn gophers!  My DD also helped me baste one side of the comforter in place.  Today I'm doing laundry, freezing more lemon juice, and orange slices.  Plus my Mom came by for a lengthy visit and we showed her photos of the graduation.  

Waves to everyone!  ~  Charlene