Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., March 5th)

Hello and how is everyone today?

I dropped off the donation items this morning, then popped into the local Target before stopping off at Meijer's for groceries. 

All of my orders from the past week are in motion so it's going to be like Christmas at my house this week, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., March 5th)

OH @Bird mama , you MUST spill the beans and tell us the goodies coming this week.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skididdy   I've confessed my shopping sins on the other thread, lol.

I have a couple of JCP orders coming, a convert a bench from the Q and the Dooney and Bourke TSV from last weekend.  

It's funny, i won't order anything from the Q for months at a time and then bam, bam, bam I go a little nuts.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I hope you love your orders.  I'm very curious how you like the bench.  It certainly looked nice.  I am supposed to be getting my Linea scarf today, but who knows when the earrings will arrive.  Unfortunately, I shop here way too much, but I'm working on it.  Glad you were able to drop off your donations and do some shopping.

I have to confess to being interested in the TSV socks, but I just ordered some "medical grade" socks from Ames Walker (on sale), and have plenty of others.  I will be curious to learn what people think about these socks. My doctor recommended the heavier duty medical grade compression hose for my varicose veins.  Those are fine when it is relatively cool out, are just way hot in the summer.

Speaking of which, it should make it up to 80 degrees today and tomorrow, then it will be cooler with highs in the 60's later in the week.  I know that it is really cold elsewhere in the country, including where DD lives in Maryland. So I'll try not to complain when it cools down a bit.

I'm back from the senior lunch program and about to leave for the gym.  Nothing exciting to report.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

I'm hoping I like the bench @LindaLatte   I'm glad that it's 'more your temperature' in your neck of the woods.  Complain about the cold if you want to, you moved to AZ to escape it so I don't blame you.  I'll be griping about the heat and humidity in the summer Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--You will be having "Christmas in March."  Enjoy the purchases!

Linda-- I also just received a shipment of compression travel hose from Ames Walker.

I worked today after a delay because of the single digit temps.

The state "highlight" is a jury awarding a $17 million dollar verdict in a lawsuit brought by a woman against WalMart here. She had her small granddaughter in a shopping cart when she was spotted shoplifting. Store employees tried to detain her but when doing so hit the cart causing the small child to fall out. This resulted in internal injuries which required surgery for the child. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Bernie - we dropped off our donations to the Salvation Army yesterday, including the punch bowl set and 30 articles of clothing.  Felt good.

I've gotten a lot of stuff done around the house today.  I even scheduled all the medical appointments I need leading up to my physical next month.  I have to laugh at what I found on the calendar for next Monday.  Our appt with our tax preparer was previously scheduled, but that's the day I have phase two of my root canal being done, at the exact same time...10:00 am.  In addition my DH got a jury summons.  It made us burst out laughing.  Taxes, root canals, and jury duty - the worst trifecta you could come up with in one day, lol.  I have changed the tax appt.  Can't postpone the tooth repair - the thing hurts.

My DS got a piece of good news from UVA.  They want him to stay another year and continue working towards a masters or Ph.D.  They must like him alright if they're hanging on to him, despite not passing the tests this year.  Also happy to hear that they will consider giving him a masters, as that is not a "normal" option.  Happy for him.

Hope everyone is doing well!  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb   I'm so happy to read the news about your son. Heart

Honored Contributor

I received my JCP order that included the white pullover blouse, blue casual top, yoga pants and black dress slacks.  Winner, winner :-)

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--Great news on DS. Something had to give with those appointments, but I would take care of the pain---that is a priority!!

Bernie--Glad your JCP order is a winner!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.