Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues. March 19th)

Good Morning shopping friends Woman Happy

I just finished a bowl of cheerios, am drinking a cup of coffee and watching the end of a Touched by an Angel episode.

Did anyone catch the setting moon this morning?  I woke up when it was still dark outside and when I looked out of my kitchen window (faces west) I could see the moon through the branches of the mulberry tree.  It was so big I had to check the calendar to see if we were having a full moon - that's not until Thursday.

It's nice and sunny outside and it's garbage pickup day Woman Very Happy I recycle as much as possible so I don't make lots of garbage however I always feel like I've lost 5 lbs after the waste management people swing by.

I see the Q is having a 'spring jewelry event'.  I saw a cute pair of Or Paz earrings online for $50 however I'm 99.9% sure I won't be ordering them.   

Or Paz Sterling Silver Gemstone Accent Circle Dangle Earrings - J361198

Jean @KonaKat , I read the post about your niece and her bronchitis.  I'll say a prayer that she recovers enough to tolerate that long flight.  I know she must be feeling pretty down right now. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues. March 19th)

Hello Ladies, thanksfor starting Bernie.....those earrings are pretty..I have a few OrPaz pieces of jewelry and I do like them.   I did see the moon this morning...I can see it from my bathroom window tnru the trees....I think tomorrow is the full moon,tney are calling it the supermoon ,last one of the year .  I also hope that Jean's niece will be well enough for that long trip. 

It was pretty chilly this morning,about 26 degrees but warming up to high 40's...we still have a mound of snow around .  I had seen a projected weather report for our area for the next few months and they are saying we will be warmer than usual.....I hope so!

Thats about all..hope everyone has a nice day......Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Those are cute earrings, but I guess they will not be coming to you given the odds.  I did not see the moon this morning, but I'll do so tomorrow.  It was garbage pick up day here as well, and like you, I always feel lighter when it is picked up.  Go figure...

Hi Marijane -- sounds cold there.  Hope it warms up soon and is warmer than normal this spring.  We are supposed to have warm and sunny weather again today -- highs in the upper 70's.  They are predicting cooler and cloudy weather on Thursday (highs in the 60's), but quite warm by next Tuesday (80 degrees).  

Really hope both Jean and her niece are able to make their trip to Australia as planned. 

The senior lunch program is going out to Pizza Hut today, so I have a rare free Tuesday.  Not sure what I'll be doing other than going to the gym.  I did not get around to donating my large bag of mostly clothing yesterday, but I plan to do so today.  I like to go there after the thrift store is closed (after noon) since before then the parking lot is absolutely packed. 

I watched parts of the D&Co. program this morning and saw a few items of interest.  However, the prices were way more than I wish to pay.  I guess it is a good thing that I don't have to think twice about resisting unnecessary purchases when the prices are too high (according to my standards.)

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1  my snow finally cleared out over the weekend.  This is Michigan and I've seen snow in April so I'm not getting too excited yet.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   there is a new Denim & Co top that's had me interested for a week.

Denim & Co. Active French Terry Tunic with Rib Trim - A351572

There is no way, and I mean no way I am spending $41.50 for this top.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I love these Or Paz earrings too.  Our snow has been gone for over a week, but there is still time for a blizzard.  

Linda L. I liked the D & Co. top, but I still remember when most tops and bottoms were $25 each . That's why I liked to go to the outlet mall where I could get tops and bottoms for $10 or less from all of the Designers.  It v d sounds like you are having another busy day.

Jean. I hope that your niece recovers so that she can go on vacation.  Prayers are coming her way.

Marijane, my DH is going to start drinking a little water as soon as he gets up & then have his cup of coffee.  Then do his walk & have a little bit of water mid morning and mid afternoon.  We will have to do this in baby steps because neither of us is real fond of water.  I like my water with Crystal Lite.

It was a busy day around here yesterday.  We both got our walks in & my DH put the clothesline outside.  Then it was hot tub time & nap time.

I have been getting up at 8:30.  I am in recover mode too. I hung two loads of laundry outside this morning. 

We put our mopeds into the garage this morning.  It's a beautiful sunny mid 40's day, so I mopeded downtown and did my walk. I wore my DB faux leather jacket and it was perfect.

It's supposed to be in the 50's starting tomorrow and lasting all week.  I am not a fan of warm/hot weather so I hope that we don't have a fast warm-up & go right into summer. 

Last night we enjoyed our hor 'duerves (sp)? & the presentations of the MAC performances coming to our performing arts center this year and part of next year.

Supper is stew in the oven.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck with the water, twinny.  Take time with your recovery.

I hear you about the price of that top, Bernie.  I really liked A352531, but it is just a casual shirt and costs twice what I care to pay.  I might be willing to go as "high" as $30, but almost $50 plus tax is just crazy in my opinion. 

Back from the gym and dropping off my donation.  I was walking to the donation spot -- having trouble lifting the bag, and a man I don't know came along and held up the other side of the bag.  Pretty funny and unexpected.  

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, how nice to get a little help with your heavy donation bag.

I went to call to make an appointment for by DH and our land line was dead.  Good thing that I had my Trac PhonePhone.

I called TDS & they are getting it fixed, I hope.

My  DH has an appointment on Friday for a follow-up & that Dr. will decide if he needs to see a cardiologist.  If he does, the cardiologist will schedule the stress test & the Holter Monitor if it is necessary.  He has an appointment with a neurologist at the hospital that he was admitted to next Monday morning.  

It's so nice to see the 🌞🌞🌞.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   I'm glad that the appointments are set.  Your beloved is probably not accustomed to being ill.  He needs to cool his jets with the clothesline activity and things before you get ready for your next trip.