Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., March 12)

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

The sun is shining up a storm here. It's still chilly, but cheerful.

I've been busy photographing and listing some items on the facebook marketplace.  I listed a 7 inch Waterford vase that sold right after I listed it.  I rarely used that vase because it was too small for my liking.

Just puttering around, keeping busy.

What's good with you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Dat at a Time (Tues., March 12)

Hi Bird Mama, the sun was shining all morning and I took a walk in the downtown area.  I hadn't done this walk all month because of either snow, ice or rain.  Now it's getting cloudy and we are supposed to get rain starting tomorrow morning and not ending until Saturday.  Ugh!  Good luck with your next dental appointment.  

CERB, good luck with your next dental appointment.

I got up late this morning and haven't done much except fix breakfast and lunch.  We did enjoy the hot tub.  I am going to have a lazy afternoon.

My infusion is tomorrow morning & I am getting my hair cut on Thursday morning.  Of course it will be raining.  I am looking forward to  🌞🌞🌞 on Saturday and Sunday.  

Nothing exciting going on around here today.  Maybe that's a good thing.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   Yea the forecast for tomorrow is 61 degrees and rain for me.  Now the 61 degrees would have been nice to maybe crack a window.  Not with the rain though.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Good job on selling the vase on the Facebook marketplace. Here's to continued success!

Twinny--I do hope your infusion goes well. I'm sorry that you have to deal with the rain for it and your haircut.

I worked today and came home to a telephone call that AAA had my Australian money. I was going to get it when FB posted that the road I have to use is closed near the city  because of a nasty accident and fatalities and survivors who are being airlifted.. We never know when we venture out, what lies ahead. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., March 12)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad it is sunny there, and you have already sold the vase.  Good luck with other sales.  It rained all night here, and it has been raining off and on today plus it is cool and quite windy.  I guess we can use the rain, but not my kind of weather.

Hi twinny.  Hope your infusion goes well tomorrow.  Glad you got out when the weather cooperated.

Glad you didn't head out only to be turned back due to the accident, Jean.  There was an accident on my way home from the senior lunch program, but fortunately, the police made it possible to get around the accident with not too much delay.  Good that you were able to work today.

Sorry about your dental issues, Charlene.  All that waiting for nothing -- yuck!

Yesterday's meetings, etc., were good, and I managed to get my bookclub summary out yesterday evening.  When grief group was just about to start, I got an e-mail asking if I could do a hospice visit on Thursday since the caregiver needed to go out for bloodwork.  I wrote back that I could not do it Thursday, but was available tomorrow.  The hospice volunteer coordinator sent me a text this morning (just as I was about to leave for work) saying she needed to know my answer ASAP.  Apparently, she did not get my message from yesterday.  (It was in my sent file, so I don't know why).  Anyway, after much ado, I will be helping out tomorrow afternoon.

Today is my DD's birthday, and she is in good spirits except that my SIL was not well.  She took him to urgent care, and he has pneumonia.  Hopefully, the medicine will help him.

Need to go to the gym in a little while, and I promised to make another banana bread for the brother of my boss at the senior lunch program (I had made one and brought it in today, and her Mom wanted one to take on a visit to her brother).  So, I guess it will be another busy day for me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  you are so right about traveling the roads.  I always pray for my family's safety on the roads.  My sister travels to work in the dark (she starts early) and the nieces often have the little ones in the car with them.  There is an aggression on the roads these days that wasn't there when I was younger and I'm pretty sure it's not my imagination.

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday to your beloved daughter Linda @LindaLatte   Best Wishes for a full recovery to your son in law.  I'm hearing record numbers of people with pneumonia this winter season.  Scary.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we won't be in the 60's, but it will be in the mid -upper 50's for a few days.    Good job at selling your Crystal vase.  It's not your imagination that people drive very recklessly these days.  We have done a lot of traveling most of our married life.  I always used to read when my DH was driving  but now I am an extra pair of 👀👀👀.

Jean,  I am  glad that you got the Australian $$ for your trip.  It's a good thing that you didn't have a big delay because of the bad accident.

Linda L, Happy Birthday to your DD.  I hope that her DH feels better soon.  

Last Thursday we left after lunch for the Capitol City to do a little shopping.  It was basketball mania around here because our HS girls were on TV & another small area school were also on TV.  There was a bad accident early Friday morning when a van with 9 passengers slowed down to miss a herd of deer in the road 15 miles from our hometown & it was rear ended by a semi.  They needed 10 ambulances and the road was completely closed for 12 hours.  When we were coming back home on Friday afternoon, we had a long detour.  One death but many seriously injured people.