Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., July 30th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning, July is flying by so quickly I feel like I need a seatbelt Woman Very Happy  I slept very well last night and the world certainly looks brighter when I'm rested.

It's been foggy this morning and the cool front is slow to move through so it will continue to be a humid albeit cooler day.

I'm thinking about popping into the local Meijer's to check out the ironing board covers/pads.  I'm not sure the one on the board right now is machine washable.  I like the covers/pads that have elastic all the way around and I'm almost sure I bought the current one from Meijer's.

I finally got around to looking at the sales circular that arrived over the weekend and there are some pretty good BOGO and BOGO 50% deals advertised.

I hope your day is going well.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., July 30th)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you got some rest last night, and also glad your eye doctor visit went okay yesterday.  I am not sure that it is the same test, but I pay extra for some sort of computer analysis of my eyes that helps me avoid dilating the pupils plus gives them additional information.  But, they still do that glaucoma test.  Like you they always have trouble with the second eye.  

Hope you find a good ironing board cover.  I think that is very important, and I have overspent (in my opinion) to get one that fits the bill.  Usually end up at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  I have never seen a Meijer's..

I managed to go swimming yesterday afternoon before the storm came (not much rain, but thunder and lightening).  That was very nice. 

The first security storm door estimate was high (in my opinion), particularly since the door(s) were very plain, and supposed to be the basic, etc.  I did have a choice of colors and hardware.  Despite my saying that I was not interested in lots of negotiations/"discounts", etc., the salesman insisted on giving me a price that is valid for a year (outrageous) and then one with lots of discounts (nearly half the price).  I told him that I was not signing anything until after I got other estimates, so his estimate is good for a week.  Hopefully, the other company will charge less but offer a similar quality doors.  

On my walk this morning I was looking at everyone's front doors.  Quite a few had no screen doors (we don't have storm doors out here), so then I was wondering how much it would cost just to replace the front door or just do without a screen door at front.  I believe the side screen door is a necessity.  

Fortunately, I did not lose sleep over my door decision last night.

I have the senior lunch program today -- my volunteer buddy is off since they are moving to a different house.  That will mean more work for me, but I think I can handle things okay.  I plan to go to the gym later in the afternoon.  Nothing else of note.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda