Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., Feb. 4th)

Hello shopping friends, the sunshine in my part of the state was short lived Woman Very Happy and we're back to cloudy and gloomy skies.

If the Q tracking is to be believed, my Lock n Lock TSV is out for delivery.  I'd be surprised if UPS delivers it, usually they hand off to the post office.

Garbage guys came today and I always feel better once they pick up the trash.  Other than that, there's nothing exciting to report.  I've been browsing new arrivals at JCP's site and the 'talls' are slow to appear online.  It's just as well, I don't need anything.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., Feb. 4th)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  It is mostly sunny, but quite cool here -- only in the 40's for the highs and low of 23 expected tonight.  That might be warm for MI and other locations, but very chilly for us.  It should be much warmer by Saturday.  Hope you like your Lock and Lock when it arrives.  I thought it was quite a nice set.  What color did you order?

The senior lunch program went well today, and I'll be going to the gym soon.

Today is my DGD's 20th birthday -- yikes, these kids grow up fast.  Not sure how much I shared about oldest DGS' wedding, but it sounds like it will be a pretty fancy affair, and I am starting to look for an appropriate dress.  DGD already has her dress, and DD will be ordering one and having it altered since she is busty, but has a small waist and average hips. 

I discovered a lovely dress on-line, but the price is much more than I want to pay, so I think I will look at the local discount stores to see if they have any long dresses that would work for me.  I don't mind having the dress shortened, but some would be difficult to shorten due to scalloped and other fancy bottoms.  I have plenty of time to look since the wedding isn't until July, but....  I haven't worn a long dress in many, many years.

I found out that one of my neighbors died at the end of January.  I knew he was not doing well -- diabetes, etc., etc., but didn't know that he passed.  And, I keep hearing about people who have received a sudden diagnosis of serious disease.  Good idea to remind myself to make the most of every day I have.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., Feb. 4th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I read the other thread and saw the the wedding is being taken to a 'whole 'nuther level'.  Woman Very Happy  Time most certainly flies - me eldest niece turns 40 on Valentines Day.  I was in my last year of high school when she was born.  

You're right, tomorrow is not promised and making the most of each day is wise. 

I ordered the olive color in the Lock n Lock TSV.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise