Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., April 9th)

Good Morning from sunny and breezy SE Michigan Smiley Very Happy

Image result for happy birthday jean

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., April 9th)

Bernie--Thank you  for starting the thread and also for the birthday wishes.

I awakened at 9:30am so I'm gradually getting adjusted to the time change. I rarely have a problem flying west several time zones but flying east is a different matter. I was wide awake and not at all sleepy when it was 11pm last night.

Right now, I am watching the Weather Channel and hoping we escape the wrath of that storm. Be gone, winter!

Midnight's new prescription cat food is expected to arrive today from Chewy.com. That is fast shipping as the vet just faxed the prescription yesterday. I have a hunch this cat will not like the chicken veggie stew but he has already been eating the prescription dry food.

I saw that the school of Charlene's DD won the NCAA tournament. I know that she is happy with that and also with her progress in shopping habits.

Linda--I was very pleased with the exam for hearing aids I got at Costco the last time as well as the finished product. They spent more time doing the exam than they did locally. The price difference is a big motivator to drive 3 hours over great roads. I just consider it a relaxing outing.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

It's good that you are getting back into your sleep patterns Jean.  I hope that Midnight doesn't reject the new RX food.  I'm going to have to check the weather as I didn't know a new storm was brewin'.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday Jean, I hope you are having a nice day!  

IT's not great out here, chilly and cloudy, yesterday was beautiful though..it seems we go one step forward then 2 steps back...oh well at least it isn't snow.

Not much doimg here, my DH has a 6month cardio apt this afternoon and I am hoping as in the past he a  gets glowing report.   IT's only in town so mot far at all,planning  on the way home we will stop off and eat.        Have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, its another nice 🌞🌞 breezy day here too.  Yesterday it was in the 70's & my walk right before lunch was hot.  There's a storm brewing West of us & we might get a dusting of snow tomorrow night and ending on Thursday.

Jean, happy birthday to you.  I hope that you have a nice day.  I haven't been sleeping well either & got up at 9:00.  I felt like a new woman.  I hope that Midnight enjoys the new cat food.  Good job at getting hearing aids at such a great price and a good hearing test.

Marijane it's been so nice since last Saturday, but we are going to be in the 30's by tomorrow night with a chance for a dusting of snow.  For me I prefer rain to snow.  Sending good thoughts for your dh's cardio report.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  We are also having a beautiful day here.  I got out for a walk, it would be a shame to waste such a day.

Jean - Happy Birthday, I hope you got to enjoy the day.  I hope Midnight likes his food, it is tough if you have a picky eater.  Hope you get back to your regular sleeping routine soon.

Marijane - Hope your DH's appt. went well.  Hope you had something good for lunch.

Twinny -  Glad you had a good night sleep.  Like you I prefer rain to snow, I don't know what our forecast is for the rest of the week.  I hate to look and jinx our good weather.  I actually have had the windows opened the last two days.   I like when I air the house out.

Not much happening here, I had to get a 24 hour heart monitor put on the morning.  My heart rate has been higher than normal, we will see how this goes.  I am glad it is not a 30 day monitor, been there and done that a year ago and it is a pain.  

Off to do something constructive, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday was a busy day because of the great weather.  I hung out a huge load of laundry and then mopeded downtown for my walk.  It was in the 70's and hot for me so I put shorts on when I got back home.

This morning it's in the 60's so walking was much more pleasant.  I overslept this morning and make no apologies for it.  

We are still waiting for the test results for my DH.  I am hoping that no news is good news.

I had a lot of pain in one foot last night.  It feels like I am being knifed.  I yell OUCH!  I get the pain in my feet and hands the most because of my severe nerve damage.  Nothing I can do except massage it.  

CERB, Congrats on VA winning the basketball game last night.  I was on edge when they went into over time.  Our ds is a "happy camper" because he won $140 in the pool at the Clinic where he works.

We are planning to go see our favorite little polka band tomorrow.  We missed going the last two months.  

I am gearing up for a dusting of snow coming our way.  

My dd ordered my DH a special case that will hold 2 insulin pens that will stay cold for two days just getting the case wet in water.  It's supposed to get here tomorrow or Thursday and free shipping. W

We are hoping to go to our gn's graduation party in S. IL on May 17th.  It's at a Pizza place.  We will  not get there in one day.  If we are both doing well we will go to KY & TN for a couple of weeks.

Christopher will be graduating in June.  His college dorm roommate will be a childhood friend whom moved to another town several years ago when his dad had to make a career move.  It's a good match.  This young man's grandpa was a Dr. in our hometown.  A very nice couple.

Drew is going to Prom on Saturday night so we are hoping that the weather cooperates.  He was abducted into the NHS last night.  That's always an exciting thing to be in.

We are looking forward to seeing our dd and her family on Easter for lunch.  We are hoping to be able to have an Easter egg hunt outside.  Last year it was a nasty windy, cold March day.  I still do Easter baskets for the 5 of them.  Lol.  They are still children in my 👀👀👀.  

Supper is leftovers from the spaghetti that I made a couple of days ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@PAlady wrote:

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  We are also having a beautiful day here.  I got out for a walk, it would be a shame to waste such a day.

Jean - Happy Birthday, I hope you got to enjoy the day.  I hope Midnight likes his food, it is tough if you have a picky eater.  Hope you get back to your regular sleeping routine soon.

Marijane - Hope your DH's appt. went well.  Hope you had something good for lunch.

Twinny -  Glad you had a good night sleep.  Like you I prefer rain to snow, I don't know what our forecast is for the rest of the week.  I hate to look and jinx our good weather.  I actually have had the windows opened the last two days.   I like when I air the house out.

Not much happening here, I had to get a 24 hour heart monitor put on the morning.  My heart rate has been higher than normal, we will see how this goes.  I am glad it is not a 30 day monitor, been there and done that a year ago and it is a pain.  

Off to do something constructive, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Susan, we had the windows open for a couple of days last week.  I was reheating something in my microwave, turned my back for a few seconds when my DH said "Oh No!" The microwave was full of smoke.  Apparently the 1/2 of a baked potato was too light for the reheat button to sense how many seconds to reheat.  It's a good thing that I could open a bunch of windows & didn't ruin my microwave.

I hope that you get a good report from your heart test.  

Respected Contributor

Happy, happy birthday Jean🎂🎂💖💖🎶 hope your day is wonderful.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks all for the birthday greetings. Funny thing is that I don't feel a year older than I did yesterday.

Midnight's food arrived early this afternoon thanks to FedEx. I find it hard to believe that it only took one day after the vet faxed the prescripton in for the food to arrive from the mid-west. Now, that is something to elevate shipping expectations from other vendors!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.