Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., April 30th)

Good Afternoon, Ladies!  Hard to believe this is the last day of April -- time flies.  It is cooler here today -- high only expected to be 80 degrees or so, but It should be warmer tomorrow and the rest of the week.  It is sunny here.  Hope the weather is okay where you are.

I'm back from the senior lunch program.  One of the ladies who had been out for quite a while after falling twice came back today.  I noticed she had a bandage on her face and needed a walker, but it was good to see her again.  My work buddy showed me pictures of the house she and her husband plan to buy -- their offer has been accepted, but they need to sell their house first.  Their house just went on the market today.  The new house is lovely, and it is closer to mine than their current one.

I'm pretty excited about my day trip tomorrow -- arboretum and olive mill.  I hope to get to bed earlier than usual since it will be a long day.  

I'm headed off to the gym soon.  Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone is having a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., April 30th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   Thanks for starting us off today.  I was busy running here and there this afternoon Woman Happy  It's chilly and we're getting rain sprinkles on and off.  Road construction season is underway and getting around anywhere is a pain in the.....

I hope the weather is beautiful for your day trip tomorrow and I look forward to reading about it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Your weather was very similar to ours. I do hope your trip is blessed with good weather.

Bernie--Spring and Summer is when the road construction cones multiply and blossom, making it difficult at times to travel in the better weather.

I went to Columbus, Ohio yesterday, a one-way trip of 166 miles. I got home a little after 5pm. I didn't sleep well last night but worked today. I was supposed to work the next three days but that job was cancelled. Basically, they determined with tight sub money that this position didn't require a sub. Within the past two hours, however, I picked up two different jobs for Thursday and Friday, leaving Wednesday a possible day of relaxation.

Today officially made it two months of not buying a "want" or any purchase from the Q. It gets easier each day but I'm sure the day will come that I will break over.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - I'm still alive, just have been bad about posting lately.  I finally watched that you tube video link Jean posted about the dopamine surge we get from purchasing online.  First we get the surge when we make the purchase, then we get the surge again when the item arrives.  Very interesting.  I think it happens with me.

I finally made my first clothing and jewelry purchases of the year.  From the Q I bought a Linea by Louis Del 'Olio top that was a lunchtime special (have not received it yet, so I don't know if it's a keeper).  Then I bought 2 pairs of capris at Sears that I am going to hem shorter, so that they're like long bermuda shorts.  Then, from TJ Maxx I bought an elephant pendant, and a pair of blue chalcedony earrings that are an amazing match to a Barbara Bixby dolphin pendant I already own.  Got good deals on everything, but it did break my 4 months of no clothing/jewelry shopping.

I finally finished weeding the succulent garden which was a huge chore.  Today I sewed a nightgown from some fabric I've had from years.  It turned out okay.

Waves to all ~ Charlene