Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., April 27th)

Good Morning, after a day so chilly that I needed to wear a winter jacket when I left the house, we are supposed to go from the 40's (right now) into the 80's (later in the day).  Of course, the weather people are excited about potentially beating a previous record.  I sit here thinking, hmmm, that's not natural.  Woman Very Happy

I received my second dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday.  I felt like I was starting to get a slight headache (around the sinus region) before bedtime so I popped an advil and went to bed.  Short of achy bones like I felt after the first vaccine, I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Here's the scoop on what's going on with the family.

Youngest niece went grocery shopping on Saturday.  It didn't dawn on her until Sunday that she had no wipes or hand sanitizer.  She was scared to go back out and potentially infect people.

So, I found out early yesterday that her 9 year old had a doctor appointment and that the doctor is 4 miles from my house.  I had covid supplies on hand (and them some) so I took bags of clorox wipes, bottles of sanitizer, masks, kleenex and the ever important toilet bowl cleaner (lol) and met her in the parking lot.

When I say I met her, we parked next to each other in the parking lot.  

I asked her to stay in the vehicle, I put the bags of items on the ground between the cars.  I got in my car, called her and we were able to have a conversation for 30 minutes with car windows rolled up.  We could see each other and I think it helped her to see someone from the family that may or may not remind her of Mom (my eldest sister who died in 2016).  She stepped out of her car and retrieved the bags as I was backing out of the parking spot.

Great niece is covid positive.  My niece got tested yesterday and should know no later than tomorrow.

They're hanging on....

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Tues., April 27th)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and warming up. The forecast is predicting 80 for the next two days. BOO! I already have the fan on for the dogs. Hopefully, it will taper off to a semi normal temp and the pressure washer can be used on the rugs.

I did watch Garden Party with Carolyn this am. She said that she's off for 2 weeks and after that she's not sure what was happening with the Garden Party show. The set of garden tools caught my eye so I'm still thinking about those. She also ntoed that Dan Hughes is on the mend and expected to return soon.

This morning I am washing the dog towels and yard clothes. I'll pay bills this afternoon. I'm not sure if I'll attempt an errand or put it off until tomorrow. I have appointments to schedule but want to get a few other tasks done before I add anything on the list. 

Another house is up for sale on our street. The owners have been updating them and the price they have been selling for is incrediable. I guess people just found our little area and really like the location. I'm holding my breath that the taxes do not increase. Crossing my fingers on that one.

Birdmama: It sounds like you have your niece completely outfitted for taking care of everyone and everything. I like to be prepared for the "just in case"  situations. Those happen more than you think. I bet she breathed a sigh of relief with the care package that you created for all of them. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope you don't have any more reactions to the second vaccine.  I was okay until mid morning after my second vaccine, and was exhausted for the rest of the day.  The next day I was fine.  But, I had the Pfizer vaccine, and I know quite a few people who had no problems at all with their second vaccine.

Thanks for the update about your niece and family.  What a mess.  Glad you were able to help her out with supplies and moral support.  Until my SIL got COVID, I didn't realize that diarrhea was such a problem for some.  DD needed lots and lots of toilet bowl cleaner.  And, in her State, she and the rest of the family were quarantined -- not permitted to leave the house for 10 days.  I think she ended up using expensive delivery services to get some of the supplies she needed.  Thank goodness that is over.  

She was very excited to receive a call today saying that she has been accepted for a volunteer job.  She goes in for training on May 11th.  She is not sure about the amount of time she will be volunteering, but thinks it will be at least four hours a week in the office.  I think it is an organization that helps elderly people.

Meanwhile, DGD had her sleep study last night, and she said that she slept well.  So, a sleep disorder may not be the cause of her problems.  Tomorrow, she has an appointment with a nutritionist/dietitian since she has had many digestive issues and has been told to lose weight.  Fingers crossed that helps.

Hi Fressa, interesting about the house prices in your area.  I know prices around here have gone up quite a bit, and one of the ladies I had lunch with said that houses in her area were selling for twice the price she paid in 2013.  That is amazing. 

Both of you are having much warmer/hotter temperatures than we are today.  Our high is predicted to be 66 degrees.  Of course, they are predicting much higher temperatures later this week -- like in the 90's.  

I have not watched the garden show often, but I did enjoy it.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hi all, I haven't checked in for quite a while.  Sorry about that.  I haven't been shopping with QVC much lately, so I haven't been getting on as much as I used to.  That doesn't mean I haven't been shopping though, lol, but ebay and walmart are my stylin' choices.  Yes, I make myself laugh sometimes.

I hope that all is well with our regulars and visitors.  I still see posts from those that are on facebook, so I'm up-to-date with some people.  We're doing well.  The best news is that my DH is past the one year mark for his prostate cancer surgery, and still no signs of cancer.  Very grateful for that.  He now gets tested 6 months apart.  What they don't tell you from the outset is just how long the recovery is.  My DH is still showing slow improvement.  Men really need to hang in there.

I don't expect you to remember, but my DH, DD, and I all had Covid from early to mid-January.  We all had mild cases.  My DD and I bounced back 100%, but my DH is one of the ones that has had some lingering symptoms, mostly fatigue and shortness of breath.  Our doctor said that it could take a few more months for his complete recovery.  Poor hubby has had a tough year.

That'll be my quick update for now.  Lots of little things to talk about, including fashion, but I'll wait for another day.

Waves to all ~ Char

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Charlene.  Thanks for the update.  I will continue to pray for your DH.  I am very happy to hear about the prostate cancer so far.

I forgot to mention that Jean is subbing today!   Hope that goes well.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing the good news Charlene @cerb 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Bernie..prayers for your niece and family. My youngest dd and entire family had COVID in November. Her 3 girls were ill but it wasn't terrible. She , on the other hand came very close to being hospitalized. Her Dh is in the medical fever so he was able to monitor and treat her.

Itvwas good that you had those supplies for her.

🙏🙏