Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, March 7th)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is very cloudy here, but should make it into the upper 70's today.  They are predicting cooler weather for the next week or more, and I saw one day they are predicting highs in the 50's.  Yuck!  On the other hand, it should not be freezing at night nor are we expecting ice and snow.  So, I guess I shouldn't complain.

I had a good day yesterday, and the walk in the garden club garden and path nearby was great.  I finally managed to get into my hairdresser, and she did a good job.  I also went by the garden shop and bought a couple of plants.  Hope that they will bloom.  One is just a marigold, but the larger plant (and more expensive) is a verbena.

It seems like all the parking lots, stores, etc. are packed these days. Many "winter visitors" are in town.  Fortunately, I am able to walk from distant parking places, but I think you would be out of luck if that were not the case. 

Today is a "caregivers" day for me -- early lunch, meeting, and perhaps coffee afterwards.  Depending on how energetic I am, I may go to the gym late today or just wait until tomorrow.

Sorry you had so many plumbing issues yesterday, Bernie.  Good luck with your repairs. Glad you were able to observe the Lenten practice of finding clothing to donate each day of Lent last year, Marijane, and good luck with that this year.  You as well Jean.  I did find a scarf to add to the donation pile yesterday, but I really don't think I will be able to talk myself into donating every day.  I'd also like to give up potato chips -- I am afraid I am addicted to them.  One day down so far.  LOL

Very sad about Alex Trebek having pancreatic cancer.  I certainly hope he is able to fight the disease.  That is what Don (Jo Ann's husband) died of last month.  And, the disease certainly took him quickly.  That was the case with one of my best high school friends (died at age 60 two months after being diagnosed), plus several others I have known including one of our "newcomers".  Really hope the researchers can find a cure soon. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope you have a nice day, and please post if you have the opportunity.

Hugs,

Linda.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, March 7th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  Thanks for starting the thread today.  Sounds like you are in for a busy day.

Even though I didn't sleep well last night (I think I overheated under too many blankets) I'm still in a calmer frame of mind than yeterday Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, March 7th)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm glad you were able to get the appointment with your hairstylist. Nothing like a  haircut and styling to perk you up.  

It is sad about Alex Trebek. My father died of pancreatic cancer six months after his diagnosis. I do wish him well in his battle against it.

Bernie--I am pleased to hear th at you are in a better frame of mind today, but yesterday was completely understandable about the frustrations.

I worked today and am to work tomorrow, but snow is supposed to hit us about the time they have to make the call about any delays becausee of hazardous roads.

I finally made it to the Post Office while it was open to pick up my solar lights that UPS left there instead of the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.