Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, July 22)

Good Afternoon!  Hope everyone is having a good Thursday, and Bernie's Frances is okay.

Jean is going on road trips today and tomorrow, and I hope she enjoys them very much.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to go back to the gym for the first time since COVID.  It turned out to be quite a memorable visit.  First, I ran into a couple of my gym buddies (Jerry and Larry) who welcomed me back.  I thought that was very nice.  The gym wasn't crowded, and I was able to keep a good distance from others.  They had a new set up for the wipes to use after exercising -- very good, plus they had special air filters going.  Anyway, I forgot how to do some of my routine, but I did several exercises, and all went well.  Lots of sweating.

In the middle of my workout, a man came in to ask if anyone knew CPR because a man who was sitting in a lounge chair next to the pool probably had a heart attack.  They have a special phone to call emergency, and they came quickly.  Although they tried various things, the man never moved, and they took him away in an ambulance.  Today, the church newsletter mentioned that a long-time active member had died yesterday after a workout and swim.  So, I'm pretty sure that was the man I saw.

Meanwhile, I was trying to decide how to prepare for the hiking on my Utah trip, but the recreation website said they were not back due to COVID.  Then, I saw the personal trainer I had used in Fall 2019.  Long story short, I may have some sessions with her when she has time.  Probably not many since they are pricey (in my book).

My grocery shopping this morning went fine, and I'll be doing my hospice work this afternoon.

We had more rain last night, and thunderstorms with the possibility of flash floods are predicted for this weekend.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, July 22)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I hope Jean is having a good time on her road trips.

I applaud you for hitting the gym and returning to your fitness routine.  I am so sorry that you had to see the man who passed away.  Yes it's a trip we will all take one day however it's upsetting to witness something like that.

I bet if you have a couple of sessions with your personal trainer you will be able to take it from there.  I hope you continue to get rain but not so much that you experience any flooding.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Frances and I arrived at the veterinary hospital 5 minutes before they opened.  When I called to let the staff know I was there, the vet tech said so you agreed to resuscitation, is that right?

My jaw dropped and I said resuscitation, this is the first time anyone from your practice has said the word resuscitation to me. Woman Very Happy

Long story short, I was able to pick Frances up after 1 pm.  She did very well with the sedation, they took blood, did a culture, did x-rays (all under sedation).  The piece of bone that fell out last Friday was part of the humerus.  They extracted the other part of the humerus that was starting to work it's way out of my baby's body.

I have liquid antibiotic and anti inflammatory that I must administer 2x a day, perferably 12 hours apart.  I came home with a solution to irrigate the wounds that were cleaned and debrided (this is one thing I know how to do).

Follow up in 4 weeks if things are going okay, sooner if things are not going okay.  Will be on NSAID for 10-14 days, antibiotic 4-6 weeks.  

Frances rested for a couple of hours after I brought her home.  She was not happy and looked at me like Judas Woman Very Happy  I finally heard her eating up a storm and then I was able to relax.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I'm so glad that Frances did well with all of her procedures. It is always such a good sign when they start to eat. It always brings a sigh of relief. I will keep my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---What luck to find your personal trainer for a few sessions for the hikes. It's always best to be prepared as much as possible for any event that may or may not happen. 

It sounds like you got the storms that were predicted for us for the last few days. We've only been getting the wind gusts. We had our first day and night without rain yesterday. It was a nice relief for the dogs but I did have to run the sprinklers for the gardens.