Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, July 20

Good Morning, Ladies!  It was very nice on my walk today -- low 70's and cloudy.  It should reach 90 degrees today, and we may have rain.  I know many of you are sweltering.  Hope it cools down for you soon, unless you are one who loves the heat and humidity.

So happy about Jean's test results.  Congratulations to you, and may your health continue to be okay.

I received my Kipling bag yesterday, and it is so beautiful that I'm not sure I want to use it.  What a lovely pattern.  It is a little larger than I normally like, but for sure I'll use the room.  Happy I made that impulse purchase when it was on sale and with free shipping.  Hope you like the new QF jeans, Jean.  I am hoping that I like them as much as you like your others.  

Since I was extremely bothered by what happened with the resident on Tuesday evening, and I owed some money for DH's quarterly evaluation, I made a special trip to discuss things with the facility director and deputy.  I feel so much better now -- the director is such a wonderful guy.  Anyway, they confirmed that they cannot force people to take their medication, and apparently, very few facilities can do so.  The lady is in the psychiatric wing of a hospital, and they have a good record of helping people.  She may be back in weeks or months, if they are able to find a way to stabilize her.  

Meanwhile, I asked them to make sure DH got to some of the musical events they have at the facility (they have different "houses", so he doesn't get to go to other places unless the staff takes him there.)  He is resistant to having his wheelchair moved, but if I can do it, so can they, at least occasionally.  I also told them about my planned trip in September, and they were reassuring.  Glad I decided to talk to them.

When I went back later to visit DH, he was doing pretty well.  A bit sleepy, etc., but no eye problems, etc.  

Today I have a caregivers lunch and meeting, and I want to get to the  gym before then, which will require me to move a bit faster than usual.

No TSV for me since I don't really like the look, although it does look comfortable.  Has anyone purchased the "jogger pants" they are featuring?  Not that I need pants, but I am trying to find a replacement for a pair of Sports Savvy yoga pants that wore out after many years.  I used those pants for the gym in the cooler months, and now use a discontinued pair of D&Co. yoga pants..

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Hope things go okay with the kitten, Charlene.  I understand your upset about the "surprise" adoption without consultation.  I know your husband meant well, but.....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, July 20

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I am glad that you were able to talk with the facility supervisors and alleviate some of your concerns. Hopefully, he will be able to attend more musical events. You are an active person so active wear is a good choice for you.

I slept an unusually long time last night; I actually got in a little over 8 hours. That is very, very unusual for me. One of the first things I did this morning was to check the date of the appointment for the six-month check up and saw it was the day after Martin Luther King Day, a school holiday. I promptly called and got the appointment changed to a day I knew I would not be working.

The TSV is cute but it isn't something I would purchase. Leisure clothing can be cute, but I don't wear t-shirts with cats on it as much as I love cats, nor do I wear things with sayings printed on them.

I did make a purchase this morning. I'm replacing my aging landline corded and cordless handset system. I live in an area where having a landline is still a good idea. My purchase yesterday was two pair of the Q2 Dream Jeannes.

The temp is expected to reach the upper 90s again with heat index over 100 again. As a result, I'll stay inside today and hydrate, hydrdate.  Yesterday, the car was reading 110 when  I returned to it after the procedure. It took several minutes to reach an acceptable temp.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hottest day of the year, they say,

http://theideaforge.com/weekend-chideas-the-dog-days-of-summer-have-brought-us-dogs/Image result for national lollipop  day picsImage result for national lollipop  day pics

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the cute graphics.

I couldn't resist adding this one:

PillsburyHeat.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  Thanks for getting us started.  I know the Kipling bag was a little bigger than I expected too.  I still carry a full sized wallet and tend to feel like I need to take everything with me and today the size of the bag worked out.  We decided to go to lunch as a team and I wasn't sure if it was going to rain so I put a collapsable (and it wasn't even a mini) umbrella in the bag, just in case.

As far as jogger or yoga pants.  I don't have any joggers however I've had good luck with Xersion (usually black or gray) and Made for Life (usually black or gray or navy) yoga pants from JCP.

I'm glad that your meeting with the facility director eased your mind.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Jean, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep.  I don't wear message tees and the only novelty top I have is that Bob Mackie white tee with embroidered birds.   As much as I am a birdmama, a little bird goes a long way, lol.

Honored Contributor

@meallen616  Stay cool and lay as low as possible in this heat.  I never realized how humid the east coast was until I started posting in these forums. 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it looks like you have another busy day.  I am glad that you got to talk with the director & now have peace of mind.  The Kipling bag is cute.  I don't even know what the TSV is.  I don't think that I have seen 10 minutes of QVC in the last 2 weeks.

Jean, good job on getting a good nights sleep.We still have a land line.  Enjoy your Dream Jeans.

Meallen, cute graphic.

We got 4" of rain overnight & it is supposed to rain tonight & tomorrow.

I saw my GP yesterday & she told me to stop taking the drug that I am allergic to.  I was very miserable on Tuesday & yesterday.  My upper lip was so big that I looked like a Baboon.  I had my mammogram the morning & hope that I don't get a call to come back for more pictures.

We had breakfast out this morning & then went to Shopko for a different RX.  To my surpris, it cost $1.63.  Then I got 5 pictures printed at Walmart from my great niece's 16th birthday party.  I had to pick up generic Claritin &  generic Zantac.  I should be all set.

We are leaving for ND with our friends tomorrow morning & coming back home next Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

I hope your lip goes down before you hit North Dakota.  Did you ever get the numbing agent for your port?  Fingers crossed you won't need additional imaging, now that you got your mammography out of the way.

Have a great time on your trip :-)

Honored Contributor