Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, Jan 12th

@cerb  Congratulations to your DD, that's wonderful.  She'll have some sad days, but the good days --oh, those days-- will have been worth it.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Charlene -  Congratulations to your daughter, she should be very proud of herself.  Inam sure she will be a wonderful Vet.

Trusted Contributor

COngratulations to your daughter Charlene.....that's great news.!  

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Good evening, everyone! Yes, the weather has been interesting. We have gone from single digits this past weekend to the 60s today. Crazy, but I'm not arguing about our current weather.

Charlene--Congrats to your daughter. I know you are very proud of her accomplishment.

Linda--I hope DH is ok; calls from medical people can make one worry.

meallen--I sometimes get one of those carts in which one wheel won't cooperate in the store, but it seems the ones that work well are in the parking lot.

Essie--My days are very routine so I don't have much to share. Other than work, it is a "do nothing" day.

Marijane--The weather is unpredictable right now but the only predictable thing is taxes, returns, etc.

I worked again today and will again tomorrow. Saturday, I will be gong to the city for hair and nail appointments, and Monday, I have an appointment with the urologist as another one of those follow ups to the bladder cancer proceddure. No doubt, another screening scope will be sheduled.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Charlene, what wonderful news.  Pat yourself on the back too as it is hard on the mom's & dad's too.  She will be a wonderful caring vet.  When our son earned his DC degree & we were at his graduation, he said "we did it.".   Like I said it is a family affair.

Spix, I didn't have a !of of energy today, so I hot tubbed, read & napped.  Then I fixed a nice dinner.

Marijane, an extra day for getting taxes done might be necessary for you.  Enjoy the warm days too.

Linda L, hopefully your DH is doing o.k.  

Jean, after a busy week at work, your nail & hair appointment is well earned.  Prayers for your upcoming urology appointment on Monday.  Hopefully your weather will be cooperative.

I think that somebody on this thread has a son going to medical school, but I don't remember which lady it is.

Esteemed Contributor

DH was fine.  The hospice nurse usually visits him on Thursday afternoon, but later in the day.  She was just early.  I spent a bunch of time with DH today -- lunch, concert, and dinner.  

Not much else going on here.  

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda 

P.S. to twinny -- my Mom's estate went through probate and she owned a house as well.  I was lucky enough to have a neighbor who was both an attorney and a CPA, and he handled everything for me.  Of course, he charged a substantial fee, but I thought it was so worth it to have someone else handle everything and just show me where to sign the papers.  He even came to the house closing with me and my brother.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cerb

Charlene, congratulations to your daughter.  I can only imagine how hard it is to perform the 'hard work' at the end of an animals life.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

DH was fine.  The hospice nurse usually visits him on Thursday afternoon, but later in the day.  She was just early.  I spent a bunch of time with DH today -- lunch, concert, and dinner.  

Not much else going on here.  

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda 

P.S. to twinny -- my Mom's estate went through probate and she owned a house as well.  I was lucky enough to have a neighbor who was both an attorney and a CPA, and he handled everything for me.  Of course, he charged a substantial fee, but I thought it was so worth it to have someone else handle everything and just show me where to sign the papers.  He even came to the house closing with me and my brother.

Linda, you were very lucky to have a neighbor that was an attorney & a CPA.  I sold mom's house without a realtor & 90% of her possessions by word of mouth.  I used mom's attorney to wrap up the !oose ends.  I did lots running from here to there!

Honored Contributor