Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday., February 14th)

Happy Valentine's Day, Ladies!  My DD sent me a lovely set of L'Occitane hand creams (one large, three small, and two in a heart-shaped box).  Since I adore L'Occitane hand cream, I totally love my gift.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and enjoys any special treats (like heart-shaped cookies, etc.) they have.

It will be a busy day for me.  I have an OLLI course (Grief and Grieving) and then my CPR training.  There will be a brief time in between the two to pick up some lunch.  Not a pretty day here (cloudy and rain expected), but it is fairly warm.  They are warning about possible flooding tomorrow -- hopefully that will not happen.

I will not be ordering the TSV -- just not a need or a strong want.  I hope any who order it or other items are happy with your purchase.  I just can't wrap my head around some of the prices they charge here, but fortunately I am not in need of additional clothes, shoes, etc.  Glad you received your cat necklace/pendant, Charlene. 

Yesterday was a quiet, but good day.  I did not hear back from my friend JoAnn, so I'm guessing her son is visiting from CA.  I will try to reach her again tomorrow.

Hope none of you are having bad weather and storms today.  Very happy you and your DH made it to the funeral and back despite the storm, twinny.

Have a nice day everyone, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday., February 14th)

Linda L, It looks like you are having a nice Valentine's Day.  No TSV for me either.  I need nothing at all & I just decluttered my bedroom closet.  It's just like I like it to be.  I can see everything at a glance.  Yes, the  white out snow storm on Sunday came up very quickly and was over very quickly too.

We are having a nice day.  It's supposed to be in the 40's today.  No snow for a few days and then back into the 20's which is good for this time of the year.

We are soon heading to Taco Bell for lunch.  Right now they have the Nacho fries and they are my favorite.  They are only here for a limited time only deal.  Then we will be going to see our lawyer to get our Will update finished.  After that we will be going to see our tax lady.  We dropped off our stuff on Tuesday and she called yesterday and said that it was all done.  

We will be getting a little bit back from what we paid into the State and Federal Govt.  I don't like getting a lot of $$$ back because I prefer to get more each week.

My DH took the Subaru in yesterday for it's 60,000 miles checkup.  It only cost $43, but we need new tires.  This is the first time that we have had to get tires on a vehicle. We usually trade every 5 years, but last year we traveled 12,000 going from Coast to Coast.  It's a good thing that we did it while we were able to do it.

Going into the hot tub is our afternoon excitement.  We are going out with friends to our favorite Italian restaurant soon, but I don't know what day we will get together.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, Happy Valentines to all.    you sound like you have a very busy day Linda, I hope you get your lunch in.

It's a sunny but chilly day here,mid 30's,the snow is melting nicely,tomorrow we are to be almost 50 but rain.....but that's ok. 

No sv for me either...my lug bag thst was a sv last week was shipped on tne 8th from Cali. Seemed to make a cross country trek.....it by passed Ct and went  up to Mass then is coming down to  me probably tomorrow.  I had ordered a matching walled,not at same time  but same day and it's coming from North Carolina ,I see it's in my local post office so will receive that tomorrow too. 

Not much else,have a nice day everyone......Marijane 

Trusted Contributor

Twinny..looks like we were posting st the same time, enjoy your nacho fries,never had them..in fact I have never been to a Taco Bell..there are none near us.  we are still waiting for the paperwork on several reports before we can do our taxes,then DH mails it all up to our accountant up in Maine,when he is finished he files it  electronically for us and faxes us the payment forms  so we can send out checks to Feds and  state..... we never get a refund even though we send them a check every 3 months.    Enjoy the hot tub!

Honored Contributor

Hello and Happy Valentines Day

Image result for valentines day candy

I was surprised to see that my federal refund was direct deposited yesterdat.  This will likely be the last really nice refund I will ever receive.  My employer didn't have the tax tables from the IRS at the beginning of last year and rather than guessing, kept taking out the same level of deductions for the first two months.  By the time they received the adjusted tables from the IRS I was in my last month of working there and had already overpaid (lol) what was owed.

I placed an order yesterday from JCP and used my $10 reward and the e-gift card that I had received from ebates.  I still have the $50 gift card from Christmas for use later.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I plan for Zoe's communion, I've made a slight change in plans on the outfit, lol.

I have this jacket from JCp (Liz Claiborne)

Liz Claiborne® 3/4-Sleeve Jacquard Jacket - Tall

I can pair this with the navy pencil skirt I have already.

As I was browsing JCP yesterday I thought that I would pick up two crewneck short sleeved tees (clearance) that could possibly coordinate with the colors in the jacket.  It's hard to tell from the picture above (can't find one larger) but there is aqua in there and that orangey shade of stripes aren't quite orange, aren't quite red.  Really weird color.

I figure I can tuck the tee in the skirt.  With the jacket on and some jewelry I can dress up the tee.

I bought these tees

St. John's Bay Short Sleeve Scoop Neck T-Shirt - Tall

St. John's Bay Short Sleeve Scoop Neck T-Shirt - Tall

This is just a new tee for summer

a.n.a Button Front Tee - Tall

These are kind of crazy.  Something about the pattern appealed to me, lol.  Hey they were $5

St. John's Bay Classic Stretch Fabric Secretly Slender Capris

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi everybody - we are having a veritable monsoon here.  Our field is semi-flooded - my DH had to wade out there shin-deep and remove some of the soil that was preventing the water from flowing onward.  We always get a "stream" when it rains hard - we just don't want flooding to the point of reaching our barn or sheds.  It's been YEARS since we had this much rain.

Bernie - those pants are so cute - I wish my body could pull off wearing them!!!

~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/239598-Have-A-Happy-Valentines-Day.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening, everyone. I am home from work. I had not planned to work but they called me at 7:45 as they had a last minute cancellation. They wanted to know if I could be there by 8:30. I can be a low maintenance person so I got ready and made the 8 mile trip  to arrive at 8:20. That meant bare minimum make up, no jewelry, etc. I did post a pic on FB of me getting ready to eat the most beautiful Valentine's Day cupcake, and decided I didn't look too bad for minimal preparation.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. I am one who recognizes that many thrive on the flowers received on this day but love is demonstrated daily and not just on a special day through actions of love and not necessarily material gifts, however nice they are and well deserved.

I have zero items in the shipping process from the Q. I received my faux shrubbery which was the last ordered.

catvalentine.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.