Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, Feb 4th

@Genny1, the play is John Patrick’s “The Curious Savage.” Thanks for asking. Have a great day.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, just in from running errands & sorry to hear @Bird mama being stuck in an elevator, you handled it very well.  My worst fear is being stuck in an airplane on the tarmac, I would be punching out windows to get away, the cops at the airport are aware of this & know what to do  LOL

Glad everyone is doing well & no weather worries at this point in time, here, I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, after all it's still Winter

Trusted Contributor

Snicks....I just checked goggle for the Curiois Savage....they have each act outlined ....sounds great!!

Esteemed Contributor

BIRD MAMA, Getting stuck in an elevator is my worst fear.  Our clinic only has 2_floors, but I don't go in the elevator alone.  I can still remember a couple of years ago the one elevator got stuck with pregnant ladies in it.  My baby would have been born then & there.  There are 2 elevators side by side & that was the older one which I avoid.

SUSAN, I am having a lazy day too.  I usually only iron before we go on vacation & need to pack our bags.

Linda L,  your British literature class sounds like fun.  I am glad that your DH's club is going well.  Sorry you are still dealing with the brokerage guy.  Glad that the birthday card got there on time.  Mine all got there on time even though I sent them out in the wrong order.  I had some DUH moments last week.

RC, how nice to go home & see DH & friends.  It was nice that you could go for lunch with Linda L.  too.

SNICK's, It is nice that DH will be getting his truck back.  How fun to see your DGD in her HS play.  DH & I usually go to our local HS musicals.  It certainly is a lot of work.

It has been mostly foggy & mild all week.  Today it is sunny & colder but we have had a great winter except for the fact that we are about a foot under our average snow fall count.  We got less than an inch on Tuesday while others in our state got 9"-12".

Supper is leftover chicken.  Off to see mom soon.  She was good yesterday.

We had a nice time with friends last night.  Supper was good & we beat the guy's at cards again.  So far we haven't lost with the deck of cards with my DGC on them.  The two younger ones are posed in taekwondo & our eldest DGS is playing soccer.  

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  Looks like the cold is returning tonight - it's supposed to go down to the 20s.  Cat Sad  I need to get off the computer and get some cleaning done and my shower taken before I have to confine myself to the bedroom with the space heater.  I keep reminding myself, only about 6-7 more weeks of winter...  Meanwhile, I got up to a wonderful surprise - a precious friend sent me a boxful of my favorite thing in the world: teddy bears!  Cat Very Happy Really made my day...

Yesterday was so pretty - warm and sunny - that I just had to go out. I've been having a problem with the cats pooping on the floor outside the litterbox; it got to where I hated to get out of bed, as I knew I'd have a bunch of nasty messes to clean up. I had gotten a huge litterbox on Amazon last year, and whereas it's not unusual to see 2 cats at a time in even a small litterbox  (I have a number of boxes thoroughout the house), for some reason they don't like that really big one - and I don't like it because it's big and unweildy and hard to clean.  Anyway, my point is, I sprang for two smaller (but still fairly large) ones at Walmart, and to my relief when I got up today didn't find a single "present" outside the boxes. So, that was $12 well spent...  From there I went to Sam's for kitty litter, as it's on sale, and I returned a pair of brown knit pants I bought a few months ago but  never wore.  They were way too long - must have been talls, although they weren't marke as such - and not only do I doubt I'd ever get around to hemming them, but I found another pair of brown knit pants in my closet that I had forgotten about.

Bird, I'm not at all claustraphobic, but when I lived in Brooklyn Heights got stuck in my apartment building's elevator.  For some reason I panicked; fortunately my landlord lived in the buildings (it was three inter-connected brownstones) and heard the alarm bell so he got me out pretty quickly.  Glad you got out OK...and I don't blame you for not wanting to ride that thing anymore!  It could have been worse - you could have been stuck then there with a creepy guy...

LindaL, all those classes you take sound like so much fun!  I wish we had something like that around here.

I guess I'd better get to work - I need to shampoo the rugs again, and would like to get the dining room floors cleaned with that Angry Orange today.  I'm leaving the living room for tomorrow, as I don't want to get overwhelmed, doing too much at once, but the dining room is the one most in need of cleaning.  As soon as I'm thorugh I can get back to my coloring books; I really enjoy them, especially the ones that have fashions to color.  I like listening to Bible studies but can't stand to have my hands idle, so the two pasttimes go together well - the coloring is pretty mindless, so I can concentrate on the lessons.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!