Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, Feb 28th)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is a nice sunny day here, and it should make it into the low 70's.  My kind of weather.  

Happy to say that I felt much better yesterday.  Difficult to believe the difference.  No runny nose, no sneezing, etc.  I went to the gym and took a walk outside, and felt great.  Last night I woke up coughing a few times in addition to having knee pain.  I think my nose must have been stuffed up which caused mouth breathing and the cough.  All is fine today, including my knee.  For some reason, I usually have knee and other pains at night and not so much in the day.

Anyway, I have a newcomers lunch today, and I may go grocery shopping after lunch.  I usually shop on Friday, but tomorrow should be a very busy day.

I made it through yesterday only ordering the Linea scarf, which is pretty good all things considered.  Definitely not a need, but such a strong want.  Good for you in your wanty resistance and saving, Charlene.

Hope your weather is okay and everyone has a nice day.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, Feb 28th)

[ Edited ]

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I'm glad that you are feeling better.  

Yesterday I was alerted to the fact that my middle great niece (6 months younger than eldest great niece) had been taken to the ER for treatment of a kidney infection.  This was after she saw an urgent care physician and her own pediatrician (over the course of a couple of days).  The poor thing is 7 years old and had to have an IV for fluids and an antiobiotic. 

I couldn't keep up with the texts so I called youngest niece (7 year old's mother and caught up on what was going on).

I met my sister at the Mexican restaurant after she got out of work and we enjoyed our dinner before heading over to the karate belt ceremony.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, It sounds like your area is warming up.  I am glad that your cold is getting better.  When I have a cold/cough, Vck's is my bf.  Pain of any kind is aggravating at night.

Bird Mama, it's too bad that your gn has a kidney infection and had to get the dreaded IV.  It's a good thing that you had a nice meal at the Mexican restaurant and got to go to the Karate event.  I think that you said Karate.  

After a cloudy morning, it's good to see the 🌞🌞🌞.  We might get an inch of snow tomorrow & then a cold weekend.  

My DH got new tires put on the Subaru this morning.  Then after lunch, we went to Farm and Fleet for a new battery.  We got small rebates back from what we paid the State and Federal Govt.  Easy come easy go I guess.  I don't think that we have ever put a battery or new tires on any of our previous vehicles.  We usually trade every 5 years, but we did travel 12,000 last year.  We are so glad that we did it while we were able to.  We hope to start traveling again in April or May.

I am still waiting for the bank to call me back, so it looks like I will either have to call them or go see them tomorrow.

Yesterday. I got a call from our local Clinic telling me that after March 15th, they can no longer get my Gama Gard.  My next infusion is March  13th.  I will have to go to a  Madison  clinic.  This news kept me awake last night.  This is the only drug that keeps me feeling good & able to lead a normal life.  Switching to a different clinic after getting these iv's for almost 18 years has been upsetting to say the least. 

I am looking forward to breakfast out tomorrow.  Supper is chili in the crock pot.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Glad you are feeling better and the weather is improving. Great job on resisting more purchases but the Linea scraf was really calling to you and it will be an important part of your wardrobe. and thus cost effective.

Bernie--I do hope your great niece successfully battle that kidney infection with the IV.  The meal at the Mexican restaurant sounds like a great option. I haven't had Mexican for some time despite the number of Mexican restaurants in the city.

Twinny--I'm sorry that you have to find another provider for your treatments. Dealing with the unknown quality of service can lead you to some restless nights. 

I've worked the past two days and will work tomorrow. I don't do anything exciting locally to have much to post. Basically, it is work, read, sleep and then repeat. The weekend provides opportunities for something different if the weather permits. I am so looking forward to March despite knowing that we have had significant snows in March. I'm watch the weather report now. How exciting!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/325175-Spring-Is-On-Its-Way-Last-Day-Of-February-Morning-Quote.jpg

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   did the local clinic explain why they can't give you the infusion any more?

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama,

I got a call from a nurse at the UW -Madison Clinic this afternoon & she said that there is a shortage all across the country.  Since this is the only IVIG drug that my local Clinic used on me, they are unable to get a different drug from another pharmacy that might help me.  I was told that I will have to go to a different hospital in Madison unless that hospital can't get gama gard.  Then I would have to get it at the UW -Madison Hosp. The Madison hospital is supposed to call me to try to figure things out.  I am so glad that I am not getting my infusions several times a week anymore.

What saddens me is that I have had fabulous nurses for almost 18 years & the not knowing anybody & being in a strange clinic scares me.  My DH is wonderful & said that "we will work it all out." We have had much worse hurdles. It's only an hour away, but it will be an inconvenience for my DH since they take about 4 hours & he just dropped me off & come back for me.   Our DD lives close to Madison, so we can stay at her house and go into the city the next day.  

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   you're not a Debbie Downer.  This is important medication and you've built a relationship with these people.  Is this permanent or just because of the shortage?

Esteemed Contributor

Right now I don't know what will happen because they have gama gard in Madison, but if they run out of it, I will have to get a different drug.  My local clinic might be able to get It again and then they will call me.  I need to keep my clinic posted to when I am going to my next on in Madison.  Right now it's just a big mess.  This drug is very very expensive, so maybe they are trying to produce a cheaper one.  

Esteemed Contributor

Very sorry to hear about the drug shortage and your need to go to a different clinic, etc., twinny.  Please feel free to vent -- that is what friends are for, and we are your friends.