Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday Feb 10th)

Good Afternoon!  I'm back from doing my hospice supply deliveries -- a lot fewer than last week.  I did ask the volunteer coordinator for more work -- perhaps visiting a patient.  He said that he is working on it.   

Beautiful day here with a high of 75 degrees predicted.  I heard that it may make it up to 80 degrees in Barbara's area today.

While I may still order the Sketchers from COSTCO, I realized that I could use another "back up" pair of my exercise shoes.  They are Asiacs running shoes, but I use them for walking as well as the gym.  I already had a back up pair, but I will probably trash my current pair soon since they have been worn a lot.  Anyway, I found a new shoe store (Peltz Shoes) -- no S&H above a certain price, and they are supposed to arrive on Saturday.  The downside is that it isn't as easy to return them as Amazon, but the Amazon price was considerably higher.  And, I have been buying this same shoe for a while.  Fingers crossed it works out.  

I keep hearing about house repair issues lately.  Hope any of you who have such issues find that they do not require costly repairs.

Not sure if any of you have heard of a folk singer named Gordon Lightfoot, but he was and still is one of my favorites.   DD told me that my youngest DGS and several of his friends are going to his concert tonight.  DGS had never heard of him, but DD told him that I would be jealous,  I said he must be pretty old, and she said yes -- 83.  Wow!  Hope DGS and his friends enjoy the concert. 

My grocery store visits this morning went okay.  I continue to be surprised at the near empty shelves in parts of the store (crackers, OJ, creamers, etc.), and the price increases.  Oh well...

Hope everyone is having a nice day.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday Feb 10th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I think you'll be okay ordering from Pelz because you have lots of experience with the brand of shoes you ordered.  Everyone in Michigan knows Gordon Lightfoot  - his song about the Edmund Fitzgerald still gives me chills and I've heard it umpteen times.  Glad to see Mr. Lightfoot is still doing what he loves.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Linda,Gordon Lightfoot. Was and still is one of my favorite singers

i got to meet one time in his early days. He had many personal issues and was an alcoholic and heavy smoker. I last saw him in person probably 15 years ago and his voice was not what it was...but he remained a masterful story teller through his music. Hope your kiddos enjoy him.

we played bridge this morning, which was fun.,then we went for a ride to Target to get prescriptions and a quick lunch. V was very happy. He had a bad fall when we got home..skinned his elbow pretty badly. I am thinking that I may need a wheelchair to move him around safely. Will talk to hospice about that with his nurse tomorrow. Never a dull moment.

Habve a good evening to all of our posters and readers.

82+here today. 😎😎🌵🌵

Honored Contributor

I went grocery shopping for the first time this month and lucked out - I found powder Clorox 2 and my Maxwell House instant coffee.  The odds of bumping into bigfoot are higher than finding Maxwell House on the shelves.  There were 4 large jars on the shelf and I bought only one - don't want to be greedy.  They were running a promotion on American Greeting brand cards, by two, get one free.  I bought all three great nieces birthday cards so I'm set for the year.  Also score a great sale on wild bird seed.  It's the little things that bring me joy Woman Very Happy

The last time I saw my GYN and had a screening mammogram was in the before times (Jan and Feb 2020).  I skipped last year and figured that I might as well get off dead center and get back on track.  I made both appointments (next Friday-doctor, that following Monday - mammogram).  I took the 7:30 am mammogram appointment.  I usually don't go before the crack of dawn however if it means I'll run into less people in the waiting room I'm all for it.

Honored Contributor

Hey Barbara @sydsgma1  I'm glad that you and V were able to get out of the house after the bridge game.  

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte-

I remember Gordon Lightfoot. I didn't know he was still doing some concerts. Everytime I hear his Edmund Fitzgerald song it reminds me of the "Disaster At Sea" programs.

The hardware store called today to say our mailbox was in. That will be the project for this weekend. I'll be the kitchen rearranging the countertops to fit the "Foodsaver" that arrived.

Esteemed Contributor

sydsgma1--Hope you have luck with the wheelchair. What a help hospice is with some of the home care. We took care of my Mom when her health reached a point. It's a learning experience with each condition. Good Luck. 

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---What luck that you were able to get both appointments on the same day. I finally saw my doctor yeserday. I was so far behind on my appointments. I have the usual tests and follow up to handle but that's for another month. He advised that the hospital had added on another wing for these two new health sections. No more driving to another location. YIPPEE!! This is the way it was years ago before they grew so much. I think it will much easier to keep up to date on everything.

Grocery shopping is always an "adventure". I have to pick up prescriptions but I'm waiting until next week. It will be so crowded with everyone shopping for the Super Bowl and I try to avoid crowds. Besides...I already checked and half of the prescriptions will need to rung thru another vendor for a better price. Some of mine change monthly. UGH!!!