Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, Dec 29th

Hello there shopping friends, today is my last day of work for 2016, lol.  It's been a busy and productive week - I love when I get things done.  Just makes me happy.

I haven't taken the shovels out of their boxes yet, however I did open the Camuto boots.  I made sure I put leather conditioner on them last night so they would be ready to wear today, he he he.

Sun is shining which always perks me up.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, Dec 29th

After a great snowy/ rainy day the sun just came out 🌞🌞. Better late than never.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies...thanks for the start Bernie.  I also received the shovel yesterday and it's still in the box.  IT's been raining all day,pretty foggy out too.  I'm glad for the rain as inland and further up North they are receiving a lot of snow...it's about 45 degrees so we escaped the white stuff!! Yay!     have a great few day off too.

Welcome indoor kitty....feel free to post anytime.....your right sun shining is better than not!

Not much else going on here...we will be doing nothing on New Year's Eve....two of my kids may be down.  My DH will probably be asleep before midnight.....

Hope everyone is having a nice day......Marijane.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie -  Thank you for starting us today, glad it is your last day of work for 2016.  Enjoy your new boots, they sound nice.   We are having a very dreary day here, I think snow and ice may be on its way.  We will see.

Indoor Kitty -  Welcome, glad you got some sunshine today.

Marijane -   Glad you missed the snow.  Let me know how you like your new shovel when you get to use it.  DH and I aren't going anywhere this weekend.  We professionals stay home on New Years Eve. 

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Honored Contributor

Image result for shopping memes

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. If I had a choice between opening a package with boots and that of a shovel, I know which one I would open first. We think alike on that. Enjoy the boots. Now, I can't keep "These boots are made for walking" from running through my mind.

Indoor kitty--Welcome! Glad you finally are getting some sunshine. I love the quote in your signature.

Marijane--Glad the snow moved north of you. Hopefully, you won't have to try out the snow shove this Winterl but that is wishful thinking.

Susan--I am about 3 or 4 hours below you, so we are  having similar weather. Your method of celebrating the New Year sounds great to me.

meallen--Love the graphic as it hits home today. I went to the city to load up with groceries in case the weather got bad. On the way home, I stopped at Arbys for a reuben sandwich to have at  home. I have a weakness for their reubens.

I went to the city today to buy groceries and renew my passport. On the way, I stopped at the local Sherfff's Office to renew my car registration. It costs slightly more to do it locally but it avoids mailing the renewal or going to the regional DMV. I also  picked up some prescriptions that were refilled. I must say that my passport picture of me makes me look as if I am drunk.

I have  the package with the Denim & Co. ponte knit pants but haven't opened the package as  I just got in from the city and want to relax first with a cup of coffee.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

hi, @Bird mama

you opened the right box! 

How about posting a picture of those boots?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I watched some tv before going to sleep last night. Almost every commercial was for stores with sales. 50-75% off. I fell asleep with the television on....this is a sign that I don't need anything 😊

Cool and windy here today. No snow though. Yay!

I hope everyone is well and stays away from the bugs that are going around. 

Take care 🦋

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

I think driver licenses, passports and permits to carry firearms are designed to make one look bad.  My husband, God rest his soul, had to jump through some hoops to get his picture for his concealed firearm permit the year he was granted it.  Apparently the first set of pics didn't quite show both ears and he was told last minute he needed new pics.  Wow, he looked angry and semi crazy (ala Charles Manson) in his final pic.  I saved the permit and pull it out every once in a while and just laugh until I howl.  At least he had a good sense of humor about it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1

They sold it in 4 colors - I now own 3 of the 4 colors, rofl

Vince Camuto "Felishan" Bootie with Braiding