Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, Dec 29th

Ooh, I forgot to mention this - Ebates sent me a check for $25.25.  I realize I got a $10 sign up bonus to start me out, but wow.  Just for shopping where I normally shop anyway.

I have a sticky on my monitor that says, if you are gonna shop - do it through ebates, ha ha ha ha.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Nice boots.  Hope you like the shovels.

Sorry about your passport photo, Jean.  I was concerned about mine since the last time I had such a photo (for a visa, rather than a passport), I looked dead.  Don't know if looking drunk or dead is better, but.... Anyway, I went to a different place this time, and I was pleasantly surprised at the photo.  What a change.  I did ask if I could smile, and she said yes.  So, no glasses/yes smile.  That is funny about your DH's picture, Bernie.

I doubt that I'll stay up until midnight, but I may try to wake up to see the "ball drop" after a nap earlier in the evening.  Definitely will not be going out anywhere, and DH never stayed up late when we were together.  DD is having a party for youngest DGS' birthday tomorrow evening, and I think they will be celebrating a day early.  Can't believe he will be 19 -- yikes!

At COSTCO, the clerk told me that I would qualify for a better plan (Verizon), and I found out that is the case.  Now, I'll have more data, no contract, and it will cost $6 less per month.  Still expensive, but much better.

The handyman forgot all about coming here this morning, but he came later after I called him.  The showerhead I had ordered from Amazon was cracked, but he was able to adapt the old one, and now the "new" one is on its way back. He replaced the florescent lights in the kitchen as well.  More expensive than I expected, but at least it is done.

DH was fine when I visited him earlier and fed him lunch.  I'm leaving soon to visit and feed him dinner.

I made it to the gym, and ran into a very nice man who I met in one of my "classes".  Another man and I figured out how to adjust the seat on a machine -- so happy he volunteered to help me.  I have been struggling with it for months to no avail.  So, two nice guys for one gym visit.  Happy camper. (Don't get the wrong idea or anything, I am very devoted to DH, it just happened that these were two guys rather than women.)

Waves to Marijane, Susan, meallen, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Karen, Charlene,  snicks, Essie, 3suwm5, LindaR, Rosa, Gayle, pinky ann, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Don't forget about hotel reservations, etc. when it comes to earning cash back. Every little bit helps!! I made a purchase at JCP of about $112 and I got $16.80 cash back on that purchase alone. I try to watch for the days in which the cash back is temporarily increased to do any purchases, and that was one day

Linda--I am glad that you found a better cell plan and that the repairperson was able to fix the showerhead. It is good that DH is doing better now. I know that you wonder what lies ahead but enjoy each good day.  I think those legal photos for passports, etc. also reflect how much time you are given to prepare yourself. I have a friend who had a suddenneed to yawn as she was sitting down for her driver license photo, so her photo shows her yawning. They would not retake it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.