Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday Dec. 16th)

Hello all, how are you doing.

To answer Susan @PAlady my birds don't really play with typical bird toys so extra favorite treats will be their Santa gift, lol.

Well, I talked to the guys who worked on the water main, guess it's just age of the pipes.  I asked them (outside and I was masked) if the tree they removed had anything to do with it and then pointed at my silver maple.  I learned the city pipes are on the city easement which is the sidewalk and row of grass near the street.  Guy assured me my maple is nowhere near the water line. 

Glenda @twinny70   I am sorry to read that sweet Taven is in hospital and she is in my prayers.

I texted the unvaxxed niece to make arrangements to hand off Christmas presents in her employer parking lot near where I live.  She called me back immediately this morning - she's been exposed to covid and so has her unvaxxed 10 year old.  I'm waiting to hear if they've been tested and how that is working out.  

Weather is crazy here - cold enough for a parka 2 days ago and today I wore a spring coat - warm and windy.

I'm telling you, up is down, left is right - things just seem crazy lately.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday Dec. 16th)

On the shopping front I forgot to mention that I bought a TV and picked it up on Monday morning.  My large LG more or less died (picture gone, just audio) a couple of months ago and I was watching a 40 inch Best Buy brand TV online.  I didn't want a smart TV and I didn't want to buy a huge TV stand to accommodate the way TV legs are made these days.

Anyway it was 239.99 and I watched it vary in price from 179.99 to 199.99.  Best Buy had a flash sale last weekend and they put it on sale for 149.99 so I ordered it for pickup while the sale was on and picked it up on Monday when I knew less people would be at the store.  It's still in the box and I suppose I should hook it up.  I just need something that broadcasts an antenna signal - don't need bells and whistles.  Assuming the TV is not a dud, I think I shopped wisely this time around.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

• Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad to hear your Maple is not near a water pipe.  Around my neighborhood, trees are now past maturing and everyone is cutting them down.  Of course, no one is planting any new ones. I am a bit of a tree hugger and think if you cut one down, you need to plant a new one.  

Sorry to hear about your niece and her son, hope they feel better soon.  I have family members not vaccinated, it is frustrating.  

I feel like I am running in 10 directions.  We are doing an open house (long story) the day after Christmas instead of a dinner with just his kids and grands  Now it now all his family members and we could have up to 30 people here.  I can not wait until January 2nd.  Yes, I am rushing the holidays.  

Well off to relax ( baked cookies this afternoon), hope everyone has a great evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sorry to hear about your niece and child being exposed to COVID.  I know that you can still get COVID if vaccinated, but the chance of serious illness is so much higher if unvaccinated.  I know I am "preaching to the choir".  Your weather is certainly going up and down. 

Hope you like your new TV.  Somehow (I really don't know how), I managed to mess up the on-screen language on my LG TV (I think it is about 40" or so).  Anyway, it is now in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, so turning off and on subtitles, etc. is very difficult.  The TV is about 10 years old, but I feel foolish to give it up since it is working okay.  I looked on the internet, but couldn't find how to change the language back to English.  At least the subtitles are in English.  I have an older and smaller TV in the bedroom, and it is still working.  But, I prefer the larger one.

Your party would stress me out, Susan.  Hope it works out well, and you have a peaceful and quiet new year.  

I did the hospice supply deliveries today, and one family told me that they didn't need supplies since the patient was near death.  So I took that box back.  The lady whose husband died (I knew both of them) invited me and the hospice staff to his burial next Tuesday.  Not sure if I can make it since I am taking my car in for routine maintenance, but hope that I can.  But, funerals are still difficult for me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda