Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, August 25, 2016

Twinny I marinate the salmon  with a mixture of soy sauce,rice wine vinegar,honey,green ni ons and fresh grated ginger.....put it in a plastic bag and move it around every so often...usually keep it there for about 2 hrs or so.

Trusted Contributor

Charlene. I am so sorry about the loss of Dottie.  She was well taken care of and she knew it.  Again, sorry for the loss.

Honored Contributor

Hello all and thanks @LindaLatte for the start this morning. One thing can be counted on and that is that you will be a busy lady. I do hope you can find the desk you want as well as the furniture for DH's room. Only once have I had to re-set my email password.

@CERB, I am so sorry about Dottie's passing. Always sad when out loved pets pass on. Hoping it was not painful for her. Good job on the weeding, and the sewing.

@Genny1, salmon...yum, hubby doesn't really like it, so we seldom have it. Enjoy that pool. I finally got mine cleared up again, but boy it that water cool now, lol.

@Bird mama, loved it when my workday went by very fast. Quicker out the door, lol. How is the new plan working out?

@ksmitty28, glad you had some time away, sounds like fun. I don't mind heat, but the humidity kills me. Hope your workday flies by also.

@spix, big guys with guns, always makes for an interesting time. I didn't realize that mayors had that kind of security. Wow. Hope the meeting was fruitful.

@twinny70, sorry about that dehumidifier mess. Always something, huh? Sounds like you are busy with your social life, as usual, that's good. Enjoy your vacation, next week, is it?

@PAlady, hi there, hope you are doing well.

Not a lot going on here; yesterday while I was finishing up the windows, I twisted my back, knew when I did it, but hoped it wouldn't become a "thing". No such luck, by this morning I could hardly get out of bed. Decided not to take a walk as I didn't want to get a mile from home and not be able to make it back, lol. It is feeling a tiny bit better, so I cleaned ceiling fans, drug out the shampooer and cleaned some spots, and made a trip to walmart.

I got some new rugs for the dog to sit on by the window and the sliding glass doors where she sits and watches the world, lol, and a few other things.

Have a beef casserole in the oven now for dinner and that will be it for me today, I believe.

Hope everyone has a nice evening. Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Hello All, Still super hot here. We had 3 used appliances listed in the classified and Craig's list. Finally, we are down to one item. I am not sure if I will go this route the next time...so many people didn't show up when they indicated, or didn't bring money or help to load etc. It was kind of hard to wrap my head around. We decided to donate next time, easier, less frustration and less phone ringing LOL. I hope everyone is well, have a good rest of the day. Gayle
Trusted Contributor

Prepping for a neighborhood party tonight.  Have to bake my appetizer yet and get my "party' outfit on.  Also, polishing my 'party' shoes!!! lol

Working on prescription issues, new information on changes at my DH's office, having HSA issues with new cards......another day in the life.  As I said yesterday, I will not let these things make me crazy, but may have an extra adult beverage tonight.Smiley LOL

Cool here today, in the 60's.  Sun out on and off.

Sounds like work is busy for you gals.  I'm still thinking about the window cleaning job that is complete, lucky, lucky lady.  I can imagine your 'buns' are sore.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a long-time pet, sad.

Salmon sounds wonderful.  I should make some too.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1, in a big city like Chicago, & a not well liked mayor, that's what you have  

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1, sorry forgot to add that I hope your back recovers quickly, been there it's not fun, please get some rest, I've found laying (or lying?) on the floor helps