Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, August 15th)

Good Morning, Ladies!  I'm just off a phone call with my financial adviser, and I feel good about it.  This was a six month review of my account, and I think they are doing a very good job of managing things.  Not that I'm a rich lady by any means, but I'm hoping to be able to outlive my money as they say.  Seeing older people in financial straights is frightening.

Today is another excessive heat warning day, so I went for my walk even earlier than yesterday.  It was pretty good, and I was happy to see some clouds blocking the intense sun.  I know it will be very hot later in the day.  While I stayed home all day yesterday after my morning walk, today I will be going out to the gym and to my caregivers meeting and possibly coffee after the meeting.  

I saw on FB that Jean has been contacted for some follow-up tests -- I think by her cardiologist.  Hope it turns out all is fine.  I am praying for her.  She is working today, and I hope that goes well.

Also hope all of you are doing okay and your weather is cooperating.  Have a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. No TSV for me since I don't think I would wear it often and have plenty of clothes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thursday, August 15th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  It's cooler around here temperature wise however it's more humid Woman Frustrated  The patio had a few damp spots on it early this morning so we must have had a little rain last night.  There's a chance of rain each day over the next few and it's going to heat up so I went in the front yard and cut the grass.  I'll do the back yard in a little bit. 

Like you I'll say a prayer for Jean that additional tests reveal a favorable outcome.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad you got your walk in early today.  Also happy to hear your financial advisor is doing a good job.  No TSV for me also, I don't think I would wear it very often.

Bernie- We cut our grass today also, we are expecting rain here for the next few days.  We had a nice rain the other day.  It lasted all day, but it was a real gentle rain. 

Not much going on here today, we cut grass and I am going to look for some items to donate.   I am just so exciting.  Well off to do a llittle decluttering.

Jean - Hope your tests come out well.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I am glad that you are happy with your financial advisor.  Its a good thing that you walked early 

Bird Mama, we were supposed to get rain yesterday, but didn't  get any.   It's supposed to rain off and on for a few days.  Then 4 nice 🌞🌞🌞 days next week.

Susan, you are as exciting as the rest of us.  I hung out 3 loads of laundry this morning, steam mopped the floors & then went to get my haircut.

We went to a magic show & root beer 🍺🍺🍺 on Monday.  The young man was great & will be a junior at our HS in September.

Yesterday we took a friend & saw our little polka band & lunch there.  It's always a fun time.

Off to answer the phone.

Esteemed Contributor

It was the pharmacy reminding my DH  that he can pick up his rx.

BirdMama, we bought a Emron BP machine & he has been testing before all meals & before bedtime.   We will be seeing our dd tomorrow, so I will show her the  results.

Our dd is bringing our two youngest dgc down tomorrow morning for the weekend.  We are meeting her at Culver's 14 miles away at 10:00 a.m.    I am planning a few fun meals out & a few fun meals here.

They aren't fussy.    Yogurt,  eggs, bacon, sausages, or pancakes for breakfast.  Brats tomorrow  on the grill & a salad for lunch & supper out downtown before "Concert on the Square.  I am making bbq ribs for supper on Saturday night.  Lunch at farmers market on Saturday.  I wanted to buy sweet corn, but they both have braces. Watermelon, blueberries and strawberries for dessert.

if it doesn't rain we will hot tub.  They like board games so that may happen too.

We are trying to spoil them before school starts which is right after Labor Day.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to tell you that I did something real stupid.  I forgot to turn the key off on my moped when I took it downtown last Saturday & when I went to take my early walk on Monday, the battery was dead.  So I haven't walked all week.  My DH had a hard time getting to the battery, but he did get it hooked up to a battery charger a few minutes ago. I am hoping that it's good to go by tomorrow.  Arrrgh!

Honored Contributor

Things happen for a reason twinny @twinny70   Maybe there was a reason that it was in your best interest that you were not on the road on your moped for a couple of days. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, you are so right.  I think the Lord had me under his wing.  It's been a beautiful weather week.    Mostly 70's.  

Jean, you are in my thoughts for an answer to your test results.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 @LindaLatte @Bird mama @PAlady 

I am reading your Thursday “Shopaholics” thread.

Wondering what’s up with you @twinny70 @since I saw that you hearted some posts on AM STYLE CHAT thread yesterday

Did you get your moped re-charged so you can take your walk?

You must be having company over the weekend...hope you are having a great time!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~