Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, April 19th

Good Morning, Ladies.  Hope your last PT session goes well, twinny.  I remember needing to do exercises at home after my PT sessions ended, but I was delighted to have that done.  PT can be necessary and helpful, but it seems to take a lot of time.    Like Jean, I hope you have a nice vacation.

We are having pretty nice weather (highs in the 80's and partially sunny today), but the winds are supposed to be high this afternoon possible fire danger).  Still, not bad.

I have not talked to DD today, but the last I heard she had found a potential "new/used" car for DGS that wasn't as expensive as she feared.  He will still need our help, but perhaps not need a loan as well (fingers crossed).

My plan is to go to the gym this morning, and then to my caregivers meeting and coffee before visiting DH.  Hopefully, the hospice nurse will visit and have some solutions for his bed sores.  He ate pretty well yesterday, but I know he has lost weight during the past few months -- not a great sign, but......

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thursday, April 19th

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  I hope DH is more awake today, and I hope you find a solution for the bed sores.  I know it can not be comfortable for him and I know you will worry until they are healed.  It is nice your DD can depend on you for help in times of need.

Not much going on here today, I did get my hair done (cut and color).  I look like a new woman, I wish.  I have piles of "stuff" all around here.  I don't know who puts them there and how they seem to accumulate - but I get stuck cleaning them up.  I know, it's mine all mine.

Keep we have a change in the weather, I am getting tired of the snow flurries, rain and just drab weather.  I want spring sooooooo bad right now.

Okay, off my soap box, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for starting us off Linda @LindaLatte  

That's encouraging news about your DGS new/used car.  Finger's crossed he won't have to take out a loan.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Susan @PAlady   Stay strong, the weather has to improve, lol.  After days of rain/flurries and overall gloom, the sun has come out in my part of the world.

Honored Contributor

I did a little shopping today Woman Happy

I've got older athletic pants that I've had for so many years, they've shrunk up like floods and have gotten thin.  I was looking for a straight leg athletic pant - not legging and I saw these in tall on sale from my store.  $11.70 per pair.

I had a $10 reward certificate that I used to cover the shipping and handling. 

St. John's Bay Active Fleece Workout Pants - Tall.

I also purchased a new Linea jewelry set from the Q

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Multi-Shaped-Wood-Bead-Necklace-Set.product.J353996.html?...

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Multi-Shaped Wood Bead Necklace Set - J353996

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope DD  can find a reasonably priced car for your dgs and he doesn't have to take out a loan. I also hope a solution can be found to provide some relief for DH's bedsores. I know his loss of weight has to be a concern.

Susan--I am so with you about the weather. I am tired of flurries, dreary and overcast skies and prolonged winter. Glad you were able to get a cut and color; it definitely makes a difference. 

Bernie--I am glad that sunshine has arrived. It makes such a difference. Hopefullly, it will arrive here and stay more than a few  hours.

I worked today and was able to come home early as the teacher had a planning period at the end of the day. I was expecting a call regarding scheduling of a medical test, something that is hard to do when working as their office usually closes bny the time I get home. So far, the call has not materialized.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I am hoping that your DGS finds a suitable replacement 🚗🚗🚗.  I am s saddened to hear about your DH 's bed sores again.  They have to be a nuisance & painful too.

Susan, good luck with your stacks of papers.  I have a friend that puts them in a large desk & sorts through them once a year.  Yikes!  I try to stay caught up.  Spring will be just around the corner.  I got my haircut last week & I feel like a new woman too.

Bird Mama, yesterday it looked like a salt shaker going non stop.  Schools let out early, but things are back to normal today.  The tree's & lawn were a beautiful glistening white this morning, but it is already melted.  We are 50° today & it should be in the 60's by the weekend.

My DH took his moped to see our ailing friend.  I had mine out last week.  

My last PT session was this morning.  I am much better, but I am still going to take my heating pad & exercise ropes on vacation.  We will be doing a lot of driving/sitting for 2 weeks.

I even walked this afternoon.  It is sunny & beautiful.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama,  you always pick out such nice things.  Wear them in good health.

Jean, I am glad that you had a good day at school.  Waiting for  ☎☎ calls drives me nuts.

I just went shopping with my friend to the outlet store that is affiliated with the large company that we both worked at.  I got some Limburger cheese for my niece & some Muenster for her family.  I also got my DH some yummy SF jelly type candies. They will all be happy campers.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I'm sure that you will keep up with the "homework" suggested by the physical therapists. Your vacation is a well deserved one, so enjoy.   Youi made some great purchases at the outlet. It really increased my appetite.

I just looked out and saw that UPS had put on my deck the Sun Joe Power Washer I had ordered. Now, to behave myself with the spending as that was my last big purchase from the Q.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.