Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., Sept 5th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Shopping Friends Woman Happy It was still dark outside when I awoke a few minutes before 6 am.  I started my morning watching "The Letter" with Bette Davis.  I think this is the first time I've sat through that entire movie, lol.

Today's Denim & Co. plaid shirt is no temptation for me.  There are two new arrivals that caught my eye:

Denim & Co. Printed Fleece Long-Sleeve Jacket with Pockets - A370176

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Printed-Fleece-Long-Sleeve-Jacket-with-Pockets.product.A370176.html...

I like this jacket in the new antique rose color.  When I started about a post about it in the brand specific denim & co forum last weekend, another posted pointed out that this jacket has a thumbhole at the end of the sleeve.  I keep telling myself that I don't wear garments with thumbholes Woman Very Happy

I'm also tempted by this french terry top.  If I'm going to wear a sweatshirt type top why not make it feminine, right?

Denim & Co. French Terry Boatneck Long-Sleeve Top w/ Embroidery - A369907

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-French-Terry-Boatneck-Long-Sleeve-Top-w-Embroidery.product.A369907....

I like the natural color in this one. 

Denim & Co items are usually a temptation for me and I need to be strong Woman Embarassed

I've always been grateful that the Q includes garment measurements and thanks to shopping here over the years, if nothing else, I know the sleeve length I need in a long sleeved top/jacket.

Both of the items that I posted in this thread have 'marginal' sleeve length in the size that would be appropriate for me.

I know JCP won't offer anything remotely like these in their tall selection and that has always been the appeal of Denim & Co. for me.  You can really find some unusually cute things in the line.

I see that a video of the Clarks TSV booties has been posted.  I watched the video and was not that crazy about the way the top of the boot creased when the model bent her foot.  I suspect Uggs and Lamo boots do the same because of the style.

Because my foot runs medium to narrow watching the video helped me decide that I won't be ordering the Clarks TSV even though I think they are darling.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., Sept 5th)

Bernie--Thank you for startig the thread. I like that Denim & Co. jacket but I don't do thumb holes either. You are being strong with resisting your temptations, more so than me. Time will tell if the Clarks works for me.

I put out six bags of trash to the curb this morning. This involved more walking than I have been doing so I'm tired. Add to that I'm getting ready to go to my appointment with my primary as a follow up to the event.

I am watching some SG as I relax a little before going to the appointment.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good Luck at the doctor appointment Jean @KonaKat 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I like both of those items you liked plus the TSV.  I need to stay strong, and so far, so good.  I have the opposite problem with sleeve length. That is why I really like 3/4 sleeves. Also ankle pants which are regular length pants for me.  I have a couple of those thumb hole tops, but don't use the thumbhole part. 

When I first saw the TSV, I struggled with not ordering.  I really like plaid, and for a change this doesn't have ruffles or a long back or any other things that don't appeal to me (for my body, at least).  Gary mentioned that it doesn't wrinkle like regular flannel, which was another big draw.  However, our "flannel shirt weather" is pretty short here in southern Arizona, so I didn't think I would get that much use out of the shirt.  Also, I had purchased a "regular" (cotton) flannel shirt from Lands End that was on big sale over the summer, and I haven't even worn it yet.  Add to all of that, the price with S&H is more than I want to pay for a casual shirt.  Whew!

Hope your doctor appointment goes well, Jean.  Please try to take it easy and let yourself heal.

Today is a big "caregivers" day for me -- early lunch, meeting, and perhaps coffee after the meeting, plus I hope to go to the gym later in the day (assuming I am up to it.)   

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Still hot here, but it wasn't too bad on my early morning walk.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, I hope your drs  apt went well Jean .. Bernie I liked all the Dand C clothes you posted...I don’t mind thumb holes like  Linda I never use them  .Sometimes when I order something I am surprised to see them on the item..  I  also like.  3/4 length sleeves and ankle pants  length because they fit me like regular length.

Not much going on today....sunny and cloudy out.......we may be getting rain,about 2 inches, and wind tomorrow from the remains of Dorian.....but can’t complain about that after what other parts of the south and Bahamas are going thru.

Have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Honored Contributor

I was able to catch the presentation (video replay) of the fleece patterned jacket.  Let's just say I found the jacket far more attractive in the still photograph that is provided with the item number.

I can honestly say I no longer have a desire to order it Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

The doctor's appointment went as expected and was on time. I did have to go and have more blood tests to check kidney function since I was released from the hosptal. My primary also has acquired a kidney specialization so he is double checking. I went to the Post Office and then the drug store to pick up some refiills. That only took a total of 2-1/2 hours but I was exhausted by the time I got home. I went to bed and am now fixing myself something to eat.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I was wondering.... I know they diagnosed you with a blood clot in your arm.  Do doctors wait a specific time to allow the blood thinners to do their thing before they repeat a doppler (or whatever test they did that found the clot in the first place)?

In 2013, when my (now) late sister had a really big blood clot in her leg (that she ignored nearly a week) a sizeable chunk broke off and went into her lung.  It wasn't just me who said it was a miracle she was alive, several doctors said the same.

She was put on blood thinners and I would periodically ask when she was due for a repeat CT scan to monitor the progress of the lung clot and never got a straight answer from her.  I never knew if she just didn't want to think about it or if it's standard to trust that the meds will get rid of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie @Bird mama  I was told it was a small clot but it would likely take two to three weeks. I have the cardiology appointment on the 121th which is in the neighborhood of that. My arm is of a normal size now, is not red and doesn't hurt, so I think progress is definitely being made. At the appointment, depending upon their plans, I will ask how they will determine if the clot is actually gone. A nurse told me that an ultrasound would likely be done but this is not a cardiology nurse.