Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., Sept. 12th)

Good Morning all,  we had three interesting storm fronts move through the state yesterday.  Considering how bad/severe they looked on radar when they were working over Minnesota and Wisconsin, I'm grateful they petered out a little by the time they reached me Woman Happy

My thoughts and prayers have been with Jean this morning as she follows up with her cardiologist.

I still haven't decided about the upcoming Susan Graver TSV.  Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., Sept. 12th)

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't checked in this week, it's been a hectic one.  Thank you for the birthday wishes, I appreciate them.  My birthday had been a quiet day, then we had dinner with my Mom.  Love my Mom, but time with her is tiring.  Then in the evening my DD announced that the time had come for her to euthanize our very old goat Falina (16 years old, which is about 100 in human years).  Why it had to be that night, I don't know, but we all knew that poor ole' Falina was suffering.  So, I spent the evening of my 60th birthday helping my DH and DD dig a huge hole in our field and saying good-bye to Falina - the first kid born at our place back when my DD was a sophomore in high school.  The truth about life on a farm (even a small hobby farm like our's), is that emergencies don't care if it's a holiday or a milestone birthday.  You have to deal with it then and there, so we did.  Ever since then I've felt tired but have had a hard time falling asleep.  Sigh.

And such is life.  I spent the day with my Mom yesterday and got caught up on her laundry.  Thankfully she's getting stronger and more capable every day.  I have Bible study to attend in an hour or so, and it's nice to be seeing old friends again.

Waves to all  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

Oh Charlene @cerb   What a sad ending to your birthday.  It sounds like sweet Falina lived a long and good life with your family Heart  I bet she's in heaven, having a great time with her goat friends that made the trip before her.

It's good to read that your mother is getting stronger every day.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Like you, I'm thinking about and praying for Jean today.  I saw on FB that she did not sleep well last night.  I wouldn't be surprised if it were due to the anticipation of her cardiologist visit.

Maybe you will have an easier time deciding when you see the TSV presented.  I looked at it, and it does look nice.  But, I do not need another coat.

So sorry your birthday had such a sad end, Charlene.  I'm sure Falina had a nice, full life, but you never want that day to come.  Glad your Mom is doing better.

Today is the day my security screen doors will be installed, and I'm very happy about that.

But, I am not feeling up to par.  I am pretty sure it was the Shingles shot that caused my tiredness, lack of energy, lack of appetite, etc.  To think I was so thrilled to get the shot.  LOL  Be careful for what you wish for as they say.

I looked at the information provided by the pharmacy, and I think I had all the "minor" adverse reactions with the exception of diarrhea.  I wasn't hungry for lunch, and only ate two bites of dinner.  I collapsed in bed (didn't even brush my teeth) early, and slept solidly until almost 11:00 p.m.  Then, I got up and brushed my teeth, etc. and slept (woke up several times, but did not get up until the alarm went off around 5:30).  I felt a little dizzy and weak, so I decided to shorten my walk -- even walking half as much as normal was tiring.  I was not hungry for breakfast, but forced my self to have yogurt, toast, and tea.  I think the batteries in this "Energizer Bunny" have worn out.  

I had planned to go to the gym this morning, but I am thinking of waiting until this afternoon after the doors are installed.  Surely I will feel better then (fingers crossed).

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and Jean gets some good news.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....sorry about your goat Charlene.....I know it’s so hard when our animals get old...I wish they would live for much longer..in good health that is.

Sorry you are not feeling great Linda after your shot but am happy that your new doors are being installed today...maybe you should skip the gym.give yourself another day of rest.

Bernie I knew about your Weather yesterday....as we went to turn on the Yankee game  last night it was rained out...they were playing the Detroit tigers....as a result they are playing a double header today starting  at 1 pm.  I hope the weather is good!  I did received the s/v SG email but hve not looked closely at it yet...what color were you considering?

I am hoping Jeans drs visit goes well.       Time for the game..... not too many left of the regular season.........Have a nice day everyone.    Marijane

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   It might be a good idea to give yourself a day off from the gym.  I'm so excited about your new doors and will look for an update later.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane @Genny1   I like about three of the color options offered in the SG TSV.  I'm seriously considering the gray-paisley.  I bought and returned an allegedly fitted (lol) jacket from SG a couple of years ago: 

https://www.qvc.com/Susan-Graver-Weekend-Zip-Front-Motorcycle-Jacket.product.A266820.html?productNum...

The armholes were so big the bottom of them hit in the same area as the bottom of the band of my bra.

That experience made me a little skittish about ordering another outerwear piece from SG.

Esteemed Contributor

Greetings, everyone. I am back from the appointment and a very quick run to WalMart. I am very tired so I will give the details tomorrow. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Waiting to hear from you tomorrow, Jean.  Hope you can get some rest. Speaking of rest, I am feeling better but not going to the gym better.

The door installation took longer than expected, but I am pleased.