Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., Oct 17th)

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, I was so pleased to see some sunshine this morning. 

It's kind of windy here so I think I will wear some kind of cap on my head when I run a couple of errands.  I think I'm going to swing by the grocery store and then pick up a gift card from my sister's favorite pizza place.

Sweetest Day (a regional holiday) is this weekend and I always try to get some kind of treat for my sister.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., Oct 17th)

[ Edited ]

hello ladies.....raw chilly day here and also very windy.  it was a wild weather night here....our power went out around 2.30 and came back on after 5am.....a lot of rain too.  they called it a cyclone bomb...new name I guess for a nor easter thst it has been called for a million years.....maybe the guys at the weather channel sat around one day  and thought up   of the new name.    ..A lot of leaves came down . Some did t even have a chance to change color..branches  and limbs are all over our driveway.....but all our trees stayed in their upright position.....so that’s good.   There were trees and wires down around town and some are still without power.   I had read that over 50 trees hve come down all over town.... It could have been snow.......

I was out to th store this morning and it was pretty empty.

Not much else going on here........glad you had a nice time on your trip Linda .      Have a. Nice day everyone.......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we have had partial sunshine for two days so I am making the most of hanging out some laundry and I just got done washing the basement windows and the patio door.  That's so nice of you to buy your sister a gift card to her favorite pizza place.

Marijane, it sounds like you are having real nasty weather.  Our leaves are starting to turn, but the windy weather is blowing some of them off of our red maples.

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a busy couple of weeks around here.  Last week it was nice so I washed a few windows each day and just got them done yesterday. Then on Tuesday  we went to a nearby fun tourist town for the day.  It's a nice place to eat and window shop.

Our 40th anniversary party on Sunday was fun, but It was a cool windy day.

I am still trying be careful with the knuckle that got a spray of liquid nitrogen last week. 

I have been busy on the phone this week trying to get the 65 & over extra strength flu shot.  Nobody has it around here so I am hoping to be  able to get it next Thursday when I am in Madison for my yearly neurological checkup.  I am going to be getting my infusion on Wednesday, but they don't give the shots there.

I have been busy on the phone ordering a few rx's which came in three days, talking to our IRA Rep about withdrawing the $$ that we have to take out so we don't get penalized because we are over 70 1/2 etc.

I have been trying to stay away from crowds because I have to be healthy for my infusion & flu shot, but we had a good breakfast out yesterday. Tomorrow we have to do a lot of grocery shopping.  The fridge looks pretty empty.

I have lots of things to do around here so that's a good thing.  I am decluttering and putting my summer clothes down in the guest bedroom and bringing up some winter clothes.  Then I need to sweep and straighten up the basement a little bit before our furnace guy comes to clean the furnace.  I know, I am living a boring life right now.

The garage and blowing leaves are my dh's job!

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope your shopping went okay, Bernie.  Sounds like several of you are having nasty weather -- it is lovely here.  A bit warm this afternoon, but nice and cool in the morning. Ir is supposed to be cooler starting tomorrow -- highs in the low 80's.  

Glad your trees didn't fall down, Marijane.  At least your power was only off for a few hours.  

You have been busy as usual, twinny.  Hope you are able to get the flu shot (there is plenty of that vaccine around here, but the new shingles vaccine is still in very short supply).  Hope you don't catch anything.  

I didn't sleep well again last night -- hopefully tonight will be the charm.  I have no problem getting to sleep, but wake up several times, and by 4:00 a.m. just give up on the idea.

I've been busy all day, so I'll be happy to stay in tonight.  I called to make my regular dermatologist appointment, and found that he is booked until the end of December.  Other doctors in the practice are busy until February.  I guess I was lucky to get an appointment for December 30th.

Hope Jean's cardiologist appointment tomorrow goes well.

Waves to all of our posters and readers. 

Hugs,

Linda