Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., Nov 30th)

Hello all, it's been a cold and rather uneventful day for me.  Not too much going on aside from laundry.

I received my order from JCP yesterday.  That's part of today's laundry Woman Very Happy

So what's going on with everyone else?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., Nov 30th)

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all, it's been a cold and rather uneventful day for me.  Not too much going on aside from laundry.

I received my order from JCP yesterday.  That's part of today's laundry Woman Very Happy

So what's going on with everyone else?

Bird Mama, we had enough snow last night to track a 🐱🐱🐱.  Barely enough for my dh to use a broom.  I hope that you like your new JCP purchases.  It is mild but we are supposed to get rain, sleet & snow starting tomorrow afternoon.  I will take ❄❄❄ any day of the week.

My DH & I went to do a little shopping 20 miles away  this morning & I bought a sweater at JCP.  It was $37.99 on sale for $17.99 & my 30% off so the final cost was $12.59 on my DH's CC.  lol.  He bought a pair of Asics shoes that were $50 after $20 off the regular price.  I guess that it was a,ME shopping day.

Then after a light lunch, we headed to church to clean the basement.  After spending 15 minutes and couldn't get in, we came back home and went into the hot tub.  It has a combination lock & nothing worked right.  Our pastor's wife is putting on a ladies luncheon on Saturday, so we wanted to clean this afternoon.

We are heading to a funeral visitation at 4:30 for some friends of ours.  His dad was 90 years old and has been in ailing health for a few years.  The wife/mom has Alzheimer's disease so not a good situation.

Then we are having dinner at Vince's Italian Restaurant.

Yesterday morning my dh had a meeting & changed his drug plan for next year.  Then after lunch we had a meeting with the diabetes counselor.  That went well so we signed up for 4 diabetes classes starting in a few weeks.  Our last refresher course was 11years ago.  I feel like I have been on a Ferris Wheel for 2 days.

Hugs  to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I know you will enjoy your JCP purchase as you have great luck with JCP. The light snow we got reminded me that I have to find that snow shovel that you recommended to everyone. It is in storage and we got snow before normal, but thankfully it didn't need shoveling.

Twinny--You found some great buys at JCP also. The dinner at an Italian restaurant sounds delicious and a great choice. Sorry you couldn't clean the church as planned. The diabetes counseling program sounds like it might be very helpful.

I worked today but have no idea what I'll be doing tomorrow. If I don't work, I might go to the city if the weather is better. I got an email with my November eBates statment. Time to put on the shopping brakes.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today, glad your JCP order worked out.  I don't have much luck ordering clothes on line.  We had some sunshine today, but the temps were not the greatest.

Twinny - You got some good deals today.  Sorry you could not get your cleaning done, but glad you enjoyed the hot tub.  Hope the classes go well.

Jean - Hope you had a good day at work.  Enjoy going to the city tomorrow.  Like you, I need to put on the brakes for shopping.  I had the CC paid off then put two pairs of glasses on it.  Hope to have everything paid off by January.  At least that is my plan.

Not much happening here today, I have some paperwork to start cleaning out I guess now is as good as anytime to at least start it.

Have a good evening everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--It is hard at t his time of the year not to shop, and we all know glasses are a necessity for some of us. I'm sure that you will meet your card pay off goal.

I received from Amazon yesterday a 10000mAh Portable Charger,(Smallest) (LCD Display) (Powerful) External Battery Pack/Battery Charger/Phone Backup Power Bank with Dual USB Output(3.1A),Perfect Carry for Travel-Black. When I received it it was charged already to a 73% charged level. This thing only cost $25 and the reviews were great. I charged my LG Stylo 4 on it which it did quickly and reduced the charge level to 40%. I have charged it to 100% and I will now see how many phone charges I can get on it. It supposedly can provide 3.6 charges for iPhone 7,  or 2.6 charges for iPhone X,  or 2.3 charges for Galaxy S9 and 1.4 charges for iPad Mini before it has to be recharged.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

I have a cute story for you!

My husband, who drives a truck. delivers to one of the hotels on the beach. They keep 2 large parrots, who apparently get lots of attention on a regular basis from the guests, on the pool deck.

He's there at around 4:00 AM delivering linens in big rolling bins and the birds are tucked in for the evening in the receiving area with covers on their very large enclosures.

Apparently they recognize his scent or the sound of the bin because once he gets in the door one of them calls out his name: "Mark! Mark!" He stops and pulls back the self closing cover on each cage to say 'hello' (he doesn't know which of the 2 is calling his name) and they both squawk with delight!

lol

I've implored him to capture this on video!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  To answer your question, I went to the gym this morning, and then to pick up my two pairs of glasses -- guess Susan and I have something in common.  Mine were already paid for, so a credit card balance is not one of my issues.  Over shopping certainly is.  Then, I went to the grocery store and got some very good specials (like on bread and milk.)  They had coffee on half price sale, and I bought some for the food bank.  I usually concentrate on practical things like peanut butter and beans, but I figured that someone down on their luck might really appreciate some coffee, and this was the Maxwell House brand that I know you and Jean enjoy.

Glad you got your JCP order, Bernie.  I received some orders today that need to go in the laundry as well.  When I say over shopping, I am not kidding.  I received a pair of Linea pants (fit perfectly and keepers), two nightshirts (lunchtime special -- a bit large, but will do), an apron to replace an old one way past its prime (hate to let it go, but....), and a round tablecloth in red for the small round table I have in the "Arizona room".   I wanted a red one for the Holidays.  Yikes and double yikes.

Glad you were able to get such good bargains, twinny.  My "workout" shoes are Asiacs, and they are perfect for my feet.  Sorry to hear about the sad situation of your friends' parents.  I hate Alzheimer's Disease with a passion.  A diabetes counselor sounds like a great idea.

Hope your weather doesn't get too bad, Jean.  Glad you worked today.  I purchased a portable charger for my phone after my trip -- seems like an excellent idea for trips, etc.  Enjoy the one you purchased.

That is a cute story Andreatoo.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You may think you have been shopping too much but in comparison to others, including me, I think you are being reasonable.

The battery charger I got is far more powerful than the TSV and has a digital readout to tell you what percentage of power is left after use. This is ideal for long trips as I'm still thinking about that 18 hour non-stop flight in which I might use the phone for music, relaxation sounds for sleep, etc. Also, for needed use at times when touring in Australia but charging stations might be difficult to use.  It is also much cheaper than the Q TSV for today. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  that's beautiful.  Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

We got RAIN today!! Yipee!!!

On the other hand, my naughty naughty naughty cat Finnegan knocked the pyrex dish with the leftover pumpkin oatmeal bars off of the kitchen counter and it shattered all over the tile floor.  Oh, I was mad at him.  

I was headed out the door for Bible study, so my DD was kind enough to clean up the broken glass.  I decided it was time to do some ironing in the afternoon, and I'm still at it.  I didn't know our closet was filled with so many wrinkled items.  OTOH - a cold rainy day is a good time to iron, and I watched Hallmark Christmas movies while doing it.  Not really a bad way to spend the day.

~  Charlene