Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., May 16th)

After two months of showing restraint as it relates to shopping, it appears I've fallen off the wagon.

Image result for falling off wagon gif

JCP ran a better sale on the Liz Claiborne items today and I placed an order.

This is the blouse I ordered and received a week or so ago.

Liz Claiborne Ibiza Aves Womens Sleeveless Blouse

Today I ordered what they are calling a cardigan and what I am calling a shrug to wear over it.

Liz Claiborne Womens Long Sleeve Open Front Cardigan

Because I liked the blouse so much, I ordered it in the other color way

Liz Claiborne Ibiza Aves Womens Sleeveless Blouse

I bought a cardigan/shrug to wear over this blouse (again, same style)

Liz Claiborne Womens Long Sleeve Open Front Cardigan

I currently have this shrug in cream and olive that I bought from JCP a few years ago.

Image result for Liz Claiborne 3/4 sleeves Crochet Cardigan Sweater

I fell in love with this shrug and actually ordered a spare in cream and olive, lol.

When I was planning my outfit for Zoe's communion, it hit me that I had sleeveless or cap sleeve tops that didn't look good with the olive or cream colored shrugs. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., May 16th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. When you fall off the fashion restraint wagon, you do it with great style. You made some lovely purchases that work well together and separately.

I haven't done anything exciting. I worked today and may or  may not be back tomorrow in the same position. I've had it 4 days this week but if I had been out 4 days, I would be tempted not to come in on a Friday so I have a hunch I might be seeing day 5 there but if not, then that is ok.

I wore the animal print Denim & Co. beach pants with a Denim & Co. terry top that matched one of the colors in the pants. It was a very comfortable day. I might be checking "As Is" to see if any of those pants are available in a color/pattern I would like.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Cute graphic.  I like all the things you ordered/purchased.  Two months was a long time not to order.

Our weather is pretty nice today, and  enjoyed seeing the FDR and ML King exhibits before hitting a couple of the Smithsonian Museums.  First time for the African American History Museum.   Lots to see. 

We are going out to dinner and the theater later, so I'm using my break time to catch up on e-mail, etc.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hi Jean -- your outfit sounds nice.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

YOU GO GIRL!

I do love your sleeveless tops/prints!😁

And the cream and olive shrugs are very 👍 WOW

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, cute graphic.  Sometimes it's fun to fall off of the band wagon and get right back on again.

Jean, it looks like you are keeping busy with school.   I think that you are soon on summer break.

Linda L, it sounds like  are having a nice vacation.

We left home at 8:30 this morning & had our good Amish lunch.   We are staying at the Country Inn  & Suites which is very nice and was $108 includ

ing tax.

Tomorrow we are planning to go to Casey before we head to our niece's home.   We are looking forward to our gn's graduation 🍕🍕🍕 party.

It's in the mid 80's and hot for this time of the year.  We are enjoying the A/C.   We had a brief 2 minute shower right before lunch.

Our weather for back home is calling for rain & cold for the next 4 days.  

It seems like a long drive, but we are 1/2 way there.  My brother and two of his son's are doing it all tomorrow &  his other son is driving over from Paducah 

which is less than an hour drive.  

We haven't seen our nephew's since Christmas so it will be a fun party.

Hugs to all of you.