Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., March 28th)

Hello all, we have some cloudy skies here and I'm pretty sure it's going to rain today.

I'm getting ready to meet a lady at a local Bob Evans Woman Very Happy to sell a Nolan Miller pin that I bought from the Q.  

I've had more 'what was I thinking' moments in the past month than I've had in the past couple of years.  

I see the Q has a shoe TSV and I'm not the least bit interested.  Considering I'm a shoe fanatic that's gotta be some kind of progress, right?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., March 28th)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I think that is real progress that you aren't interested in the shoe TSV.  I have noticed that lately I'm not interested in many things sold here -- mostly clothes.  That is a very good thing since I have way too many clothes as it is.  

I saw a bit of the SG show this morning, and most of the items were not appealing to me at all, plus the prices were crazy high in my opinion.  I still like SG clothing that I have, but I'm not happy with the "new direction" and prices.  That is also true of Denim & Co.  I guess I should be happy that I'm not having to fight "wanty", but somehow I'm a bit sad.  

Glad you are selling more jewelry.  I had completely forgotten Nolan Miller.  Not sure if I have any of his items, but I probably do.  I have so much jewelry, but tend to wear my favorites much of the time.  I should probably go through it again and donate things that I just never get around to wearing.

My trip to COSTCO yesterday went pretty well except I bought more than expected.  Mostly things I needed or know I will need.  But, I did pick up a sunhat that was just a "want".  I already used it on a walk yesterday afternoon, and I'll be donating another sunhat that has always been too large for me.  At least I am still finding things to declutter.  

I have another "newcomers" luncheon today -- we are going to a local pizza place that has moved to the location where my "Curves" was.  That location stayed empty for more than two years.  Wish the owner had agreed to reduce the rent for Curves since I liked it so much, but......  Hopefully, the food will be as good as it was a few years ago when I went to the restaurant.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I did walk less yesterday, and so far no knee pain.   

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., March 28th)

Hello Ladies, sunny but chilly day again here..but it is promised to get warmer.   Today is opening day for the Yankees so I have gone out and bought Nathans franks,French fries and some peanuts,crackerjacks....  not that I am happy that the season has started or anything!

Bernie I think I have a few Nolan Miller peices too..I should go dig them out 

Glad your knee is feeling better Linda...I didn't care for the s/v myself..I would have no where to wear them.....

Twinny hope your DH tests come out negative.....my husband had all the same ones a few years ago but just had to go to his cardio Dr.s office,in town, to have them done....it turned he has a- fib and takes  eliquis for it....he goes every 6 mos for a check up......gets an EKG and other tests and everything is fine.....hope thst continues.

Well it's 1 pm time for  r baseball....    have a nice day everyone....Marijane