Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., March 21st)

Good Morning all,

The sunshine didn't last long yesterday before the spring showers started.  I'm glad I saw the moon earlier this week because it's been cloudy at night ever since.  I'm putting together my shopping list while waiting for the lawnmower guy to call me and let me know he's on the way.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., March 21st)

Bird Mama, it  was supposed to be sunny for a week.  Yesterday it was cloudy and we had a brief shower last night.  The sun is just starting to shine and we are headed to the hot tub.  My DH did put out the clothesline the other day, but it is on a pole and it just slips into a pipe in the ground.  You are so right. Until last September he had never ever been in a hospital.

I did walk this week, but I did a little shopping at Shopko this morning and now I am tired.  I know my limits most of the time.  All of the Shopko's will be closing down in June.  

My DH seems to be back to normal.  He has a follow-up appointment tomorrow.  Then we will go from there.  He has an appointment in IL on Monday morning if this appointment is approved by his Dr. tomorrow.  

Supper is pork chops on the grill.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   I don't think we have Shopko here however I am always saddened to read when a store or chain of stores is closing.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  It was cloudy here yesterday evening, so I didn't get to see too much of the moon when it was at its largest.  Oh well......  Hope you hear from the mower guy soon.

Glad your DH is better, twinny.  I have never heard of those stores, but like Bernie, I am sorry to hear the chain is going out of business.  I think I remember you getting some good bargains there.  

My hospice visit went okay yesterday -- actually better than okay as far as "my" patient goes.  But, her caregiver had left the TV on with one of those cable news stations blaring when he went out for his appointment.  I considered turning it off, but thought maybe that was not appropriate.  I just don't like watching those types of programs during the day unless there is something urgent going on.  It seems they keep repeating the same stories over and over, and I'm not that interested the first time.  I don't think the patient even knew the TV was on, and we spent a lot of time in another room (thank goodness).

Moving on.  I was very tired yesterday evening, but I'm better today.  Back from the gym and headed to my caregivers meeting in an hour or so.  

I'm not ordering the TSV, but I have had a DB raincoat/jacket for more than 10 years, and I still enjoy wearing it.  Part of it is the color -- red with animal print cuffs.  Really no signs of wear, so I will not be replacing it.  

DGD quit her job (not sure if I shared the long story), and has an interview for a different job today.  I hope that she likes the new job if she gets it, and it is less stressful than her old one.  I think it is a lot to work full-time and go to college full-time, especially if you are a very diligent student.  But, she needs to find her "good place."

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I hope your patient's caregiver can hear your patient when she calls out, considering how loud he's got that tv on Woman Surprised

I don't know the job story about your DGD and I hope today's interview went well for her.

The lawnmower guy just came by.  I was afraid to leave the house and do the shopping in the event he call me while I was at the store.  I can do the shopping tomorrow, it's not like my cupboards are bare Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. It was a good idea to postpone the shopping in order to get the mower on its way to be fixed and ready for your use.

Twinny--I'm glad that you got your shopping done but sad that your chain is closing. It is good that DH is doing much better.

Linda--Like you, I have a Dennis Basso raincoat that is several years old and still works well when the need arises. I do hope the job internview goes well for DGD.

I went to the city today to take care of all those last minute things (I hope). It began raining off and on shortly before noon. I'm watching the Q right now but have no interest in purchasing anything right now. While in the city, I went into JCP to check something out. I'm not saying there weren't many customers but I used to see more in the now defunct Sears before bankruptcy.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.