Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., June 4)

Good afternoon all, it remains hot (to me) around here and I look forward to a cooler weekend.  There hasn't been much going on.  Michigan lifted the stay at home order and there are specific close contact services that are still shut down.  Once she said you don't have stay home, citizens must have forgotten about masks.  I can't tell you how many people I've seen in stores without masks.  Well, to each his own I guess.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., June 4)

We had a monster thunderstorm here in Philly yesterday, called the derecho, with 80 mph winds.  Trees and branches fell everywhere and our power was off for almost 24 hours!

Unfortunately, several people in the area were killed from falling trees.

It is good to have sunshine this morning, but we may have more storms on the way...

I am squeezing in some QVC time!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hot here as well -- 102 at the moment, and expected to get hotter.  They are saying it will be cooler on the weekend, which is nice.

I went to a couple of stores this morning, and quite a few people were not wearing masks, but many were trying to keep their distance.  I was surprised that there was a line to get into Wal Mart, and it turned out that they didn't have any carts.  Eventually, some were retrieved and available.  Still no spray disinfectant or wipes, but they had a good supply of toilet paper, and I was able to get a fairly large size bottle of hand sanitizer.

That must have been a terrible thunderstorm 

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie- Thank you for starting the thread. I think you might be right about the masks. It seems the longer we deal with this plus the opening up the less masks are seen being worn. I had 3 visitors at separate times today, one of whom wore a mask.

FancyPhillyShopper--I saw some of the Philly storm footage. I hope you find some great items when you squeeze in the QVC time.

Linda--Sorry that  your meeting with the audiologist didn't go as desired.  Those prevention services are expensive but so are the repairs needed if some hungry beasties feast upon your property.

Last night, I took one pain pill with the last one taken 12 hours before that. This morning, I decided not to take it and see what would happen. It has been about 24 hour and I have not had pain. Of course, I have not actively used that arm except for taking the arm out of the sling and flexing the lower arm five times a day. I go for  the checkup on Monday. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.