Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thurs, Dec 22nd

@butterfly123

Any thread I post on is open to everyone.  I don't do exclusive, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Thank goodness that you don't do exclusive as I might be thrown out of the club for my humor?!? 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

I have a warped sense of humor.  I subscribe to laughing as much as possible.  People who know me know this - as long as I am smiling or laughing, it's okay.  If I get quiet -- run for the hills, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I am alive & well.  It's been a crazy week.

DGD's first Christmas band concert was on Tuesday night. We slept overnight.  She looked like a princess.

Yesterday we shopped on the way home.  I bought a bag of Apple Cider Donut flavored coffee & a Color Me Happy coloring kit for 1¢ at DSW with a $10.00 off coupon.  I was sad last week writing Christmas cards & am sad this week reading them from mom's friends.

I cleaned the basement this morning after grocery shopping.  I am staying away from crowded stores the rest of the week.

Tomorrow is light cleaning & dusting the main floor & wrapping a bunch of things for prizes for games that we will be playing on Saturday after we have our Christmas Eve lunch here.

They say 1-3" of wet snow tomorrow afternoon & then near 40 for Saturday & Sunday.  The snow is almost gone.  Darn.

butterfly, prayers for a successful surgery.

My friend Rhonda had her left kidney removed on Tuesday & seems to be doing well_ but they are waiting for the lab results.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  It has been a very busy day, but a good one.  DH's younger DGD was better today, but not great. She is still eating next to nothing.  DH did well with our pizza lunch and visit.  The family will be coming by the house tomorrow morning, and I'll be taking sandwiches for our lunch at his facility.  

The only kind of sad moment was when the hospice nurse (who came later in the day) asked who was sitting across from him, and he said that it was his special friend.  The nurse pointed out that she was his daughter as well.  But, I felt bad that he did not articulate that -- although I don't think that it upset his DD.

I did get my walk in this morning and went to the gym after lunch today.  So, I got in plenty of steps/exercise.

Sending hugs and good wishes to all of you.  And, I hope that your surgery goes well, butterfly and your friend is okay, twinny.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

Even ill, your beloved is a considerate and sensitive man.  He might not have made the father/daughter connection, however he said his daughter was his special friend.  That just choked me up.