Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., April 9th)

Good Morning Shopping Friends and a special Happy Birthday to Jean.

Happy Birthday Jean | Bella Capelli SalonSpa

Cupcakes and ice cream for everyone Woman Happy

Funfetti Birthday Cake Cupcakes - Ditch that boxed mix! - The ...

No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe | Serious Eats

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., April 9th)

So I went to Meijer's to pick up some things this morning.  I happen to have a few N95 masks so I wore one and my latex gloves.  These masks are uncomfortable and it gives me an even deeper appreciation for those who have to wear then all day for their work.

Paper towel is making a comeback - toilet paper remains as rare as a unicorn Woman Very Happy

I wonder if people are baking alot.  I say that because I noticed a run on  butter, margarine and what I was looking for .... Smart Balance original.  Oh yeah, I spotted some no brand bleach.  Still no clorox 2 (powder or liquid).  This is the second week that I looked for powder clorox 2.  Guess people are doing lots of wash too.

I think my black t-strap shoes are supposed to be delivered today.  I'm not sure.  The sun is shining, it's breezy outside and I have no complaints.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies,Happy Birthday Jean, I hope you have a nice day.!

I was out to the store yesterday.... more workers than customers,  as in past few weeks, meat cases full,limited fresh veggies though.  I did come across some paper towels and t.p. One package limit, the frozen foods display of  all kinds were empty too as was the cleaning supplies.  There have been 117 cases in my town..several deaths.    Still no decision as to school reopening but I doubt it....everything still closed down till the end of April.

No sun here today,later we re supposed to get winds,torrential rains and thunder storms....I think it has moved on to me as to what several ladies here have  had a few days ago.

Not much else going on.....stay safe everyone.....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday Jean!

Sorry I've been away so long.  Nothing bad has happened, it's just been a long, odd period of time.  We have not caught Covid-19, though we are required by law now to wear face masks in public.  It's easy to get food now, but like most of the nation, T.P. is in short supply and we're limited to how much we can purchase.  Good thing we are mini-preppers and don't have to worry about that, lol.

Our good news is that as of yesterday, my DH's first post-operative PSA test came back negative, so at the moment, he shows no signs of cancer.  He has to get tested every 6 weeks at first.  Doctor visits are being done by online conference calls.

For us, sheltering-in-place has been an extension of what we were doing before and after my DH's prostate surgery.  We are near the two month mark and it's just a strange feeling.  My DH is back at work for the first time today.  He works for the water district, so his is considered a necessary job.  My DD continues to do her work as a veterinarian, though their clients wait in the parking lot and vet techs act as go-betweens.  

We've also had a series of earthquakes the past week.  They haven't caused damage, but they're definitely felt.  Like I said, the past couple of months have been strange.

Hope you're all doing well  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

Hey Marijane @Genny1   We had some rain last night and it was actually mild enough for me to wear a lighter weight jacket to Meijer's when I left the house around 9:30 am.  The wind has picked up and the temps are dropping now.  This rollercoaster weather is a trip lately.

Honored Contributor

Hey Charlene @cerb   I love reading/hearing good news and I'm so happy to read about the good news regarding your husband.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Happy Birthday to Jean!  I know you would rather be on a trip, but I'm sure you will be enjoying your time with Midnight.  

I think lots of people are baking these days, Bernie.  Yeast has been absent the last several times I went to the store.  I don't need any (have some in the freezer), but I was looking for some posters who were having trouble finding yeast.  I also noticed the shortage of butter, flour, eggs, etc.  I think some people are getting into baking for the first time or the first time in ages.  Cleaning products were also scarce or totally absent.  I keep reading that a store has tp, but by the time that is posted, it is sold out.  So far, I am doing okay in that department.

Like you, I feel sorry for people who need to wear masks all the time.  Just wearing the homemade one I had last week at the grocery store was very uncomfortable.

Your area certainly sounds like a "hotspot", Marijane.  I hope things improve soon.

That is wonderful news about your husband, Charlene.  I'm glad he is back to work (since I imagine he has been wanting to go back), and things are okay with your daughter's vet practice.  Hope you are taking good care of yourself.  Yikes about the earthquakes.

It is sunny here and should make it up to the low 70's.  Fortunately, we are supposed to be having light winds in contrast to pretty high winds yesterday.  I had trouble walking during certain wind gusts -- yikes.

I have nothing exciting to report.  It took quite a while for me to create a document with all the information DH's children will need when I pass (and they inherit the house).  Hopefully, that is a long time off, but....  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone stays safe, and Jean has a good birthday.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad the trip to the store went well.  We also are supposed to mask up.  I haven't been to the store since DH came back from the hosptial but I have some of the N95 masks and some of the surgical looking ones.

Please send cupcakes here - Those look soooo good.

The last time I was at the store cleaning and baking supplies were in short supply.  I bought a brownie mix for one day here.  

Marijane - Frozen veggies are in short supply here also there is no ice cream to be found.  I think people's are going to be a little tight when this is over.

Charlene - Glad to hear from you.  So happy to hear your DH is going so well.  Maybe going back to work will give him a sense of normalcy.  

Linda - I am jealous of your 70 degree weather.  We started out at 51 this morning and now with the wind the temps are 41 degrees with 31 degree feel with the wind.

Jean - Happy Birthday!!   Hope you enjoy your day!

Not much going on here.  DH had a video appt with his back doctor - We are expecting surgery when this is over.  Not much more to report from here.  

Have a good afternoon everyone and stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Jean: Happy Birthday!!

Today is a mix weather day--rain, high winds and dropping temps. They are predicting snow flurries tonight. I don't believe we'll see those for more than 5 minutes but my knees tell me they are probably correct on the temps.

I had new outdoor patio rugs on our list for this season. I saw the OTO mainly because  of the price. I decided I want to try grey and see how that wears. I had natural and then black. I liked the black but it gets too hot for the dogs in the summer. They need replacing and I wanted to stay in low end of the budget. I found 2 on clearaance so I pressed "order". Hopefully, the picture of thre color is correct. 

Nothing new for the next few days. I have more cleaning which I want to finish. Then I'm on to phase 2. I never thought I would be so thrilled to get to the organizing of the work room but that's in phase 3. LOL  It will be nice when it's all done and hopefully by then we'll have some relaxed guidelines. 

We had a group of wild turkeys in our yard this afternoon. Usually we don't see them until the Fall. The storms must have disturbed their nest or feeding areas.

Stay safe and comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • Susan nice to hear your d.h. Is improving.....I wonder why there is so much llimit on the frozen foods?     Charlene happy to hear about your DH too....what did your dd name the triplet goats  that were  Born after St Patrick's day and how are they doing ?