Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thurs April 6th

[ Edited ]

Hello shopping friends from Fog Central, lol.  Seriously, I'm on the 18th floor of the building at work and it is foggy as all get out.  We've had drizzle or some sort of precipitation most of the week.  I heard it was snowing someplace in the state this morning on the radio.  Then I heard it could be near 70 by the weekend or next Monday.

No wonder everyone around here is sick as a dog with some kind of cold or virus.

DSW is having a promotion that ends today.  I happen to have a $20 reward certificate in my DSW bank and so the temptation to save up to $30 on a particular pair of shoes that I've been eyeing is quite strong.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thurs April 6th

Image result for shopping in the rain quotes

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....terrible day here too..no fog but it's pouring...I was out earlier and the rain   Was coming down sideways  and it's  only in the high 30's.   if April  showers bring May flowers we are looking at my yard as the  NY Botanical Garden when the sun shows up. 

THanks for the graphic Meallen... not sure I will shop all day but it's tempting.....especially if I had a coupon and shoes I was eying are on sale like Bernie.

Nothing else exciting going on here...is there ever?   I have left over beef stew from the other day so that's dinner.....looks like a good day to take a nap !

Stay dry and warm for all who a stuck in this weather...although I keep,saying.....this could be snow!          Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I sometimes like fog -- weird, I know.  But, we rarely have fog around here.  Dust storms are more common, and I don't like them at all.  I used to enjoy shopping at DSW, but there aren't any stores nearby.  I'll probably check them out when I'm in Maryland since there is a store near DD's home.

We are expecting warmer than normal weather here today -- well into the 80's, but it was a bit cool this morning on my walk.  I think it is supposed to reach the 80's for a while, and then go back down to the 70's.  Sorry so many in your area are sick.

Funny graphic, meallen.

I have a caregivers lunch and meeting today, and I always enjoy them.  Since my British history class is over (it lasted nine weeks), I'll be able to stay for the whole meeting, and I may even join others for coffee after the meeting.  Then, I'll be visiting DH.  The hospice nurse should be visiting as well.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone --@Bird mama, @meallen616@Genny1@LindaLatte and everyone that stops by.

We had fog a week or so ago, it was during the evening and it was spooky.

Our weather looks like it is straightening out now.  Had wet weather most of the last 5-6 days.  Today and tomorrow and even Saturday look wonderful.  High 70s tomorrow and I plan to put my cushions out on the deck chairs, can hardly wait.  We always prefer rain to snow here.

I've spoken with many that have pneumonia, bronch., sinus infections, etc.  It seems to be all over.  So far, we are steering clear of it.

Cute graphic, that's one time I don't care to be out shopping.  Did my grocery shopping in that kind of weather this week, not much fun.

It sure sounds like someone is getting some new shoes today, hooray!!  Hope you love them.

Cooking for the 4th time this week, I think that will be it.  I'm not that crazy about cooking any longer.

Looks like we all have many things going on today, including crummy weather.  I'll be buried in laundry today, in addition to my usual exercise, etc.

Have a super delightful day, even if you have to close your eyes while looking out the window - ha.  It will be nice and sunny sooner than later - we hope.

My CCs, whoa, way locked up.