Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., April 29th)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning,  how were the storms in your neck of the woods @Fressa  and @godi ?

We had a bit of drizzle over night.  I think it's supposed to come down heavier throughout the day.  On the shopping front... the other day I saw these shoes being offered at the Q (Miz Mooz Scoot)

product thumbnail

It was one of those things where I saw the shoe before they presented it and then I wandered off and looked at something else.  Of course the off white sold out and I have to say that the Q really did offer a good price on them since everyone else is charging $140.  Rick always says smart shoppers shop QVC and for anyone who bought this shoe at the sale price, they were indeed smart.

On the family front:  Niece who was tested on Monday was negative.  She went back for second test yesterday to be on the safe side.  She said she's feeling off and I think it's a good idea to know since she is scheduled for her second Pfizer dose this coming Monday.  Her ex husband (great niece's Dad) was tested and he's positive.  Now his partner has to be tested.  This is one hot mess.  My great niece is doing okay; she has asthma that needs daily medicine and thank God she is not having any issues breathing.

I asked my niece about her partner's asthma.  Apparently he had it as a kid and has a rescue inhaler as needed so at least his isn't chronic like my great niece's asthma.

As far as my second Moderna dose.  Bones ached and I felt fatigued (not sleepy) especially on Tuesday.  I thought about my eldest sister's rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia and said to her in heaven, is this what you felt every day Anna?  I didn't baby myself and stripped the beds and did laundry. 

I have this thing that nobody can explain.  It started right when I was 29.  When I am coming down with something, I start to almost flush in certain areas of my body - chest, neck, forehead.  It's not a rash, it's like under the skin - it doesn't burn or itch.  Honestly it's like an early warning sign that my body is fighting something.  It lingers until my immune system is triumphant then fades.  Usually I take a Zicam to expedite the recovery.

Anyway I lit up with pink blotches in specific areas yesterday.  I figure it's my bodies reaction to the vaccine so I didn't take Zicam.  I didn't want to interfere with what ever is going on with the vaccine.  My right arm around the injection site is pink and starting to itch like it did last time so it looks like I'm gonna 'covid arm' again Woman Very Happy  Caladryl to the rescue. 

I'd rather have an itchy arm and some pink blotches than be on a ventilator.  I've seen ventilator support and weaning off a ventilator up close and personal - no thank you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Thurs., April 29th)

@Bird mama  We didn't get one storm at all and I thank goodness for that. Thank you for asking. Praying all who had them you are all ok. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Birdmama---Those Miz-Mooz sandals were such a "find". You have a true talent for deals!! I have to admit that brand has caught my eye. The leather looks fantastic. I need a flat sandal and like morethan a bit of leather around the front. The price has always stopped me from ordering this brand. (not that need sandals...) Off white is so difficult to find. Thanks for the pic.

Today is day#2 of the storm forcast and they have added tomorrow as well. Yesterday we had the wind and some rain. Today is actually dark with rain. I may attempt two errands between today and tomorrow but probably later in the day. I need to pick up prescriptions and the same one is price incorrectly. (again) I don't want to be stuck in either place if they lose power. That's happened a few times at the market. UgH!!!

Here's a first for me with ordering. I decided to order those garden tools before dinner. The hubby was actually interested in them which made it a good deal. Well, I checked the price again and then moved them from the cart to the order and the price changed up by $7. I deleted it because that was just not budget friendly. I've not experienced an item price increase when you're moving it from cart to order but now I know. Odd?

Have a good afternoon/evening. Stay safe from the storms.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  You do have a special talent for finding good deals.  By the time I find something I like on sale - there is nothing in my size.  Hope you are feeling better today from your vaccine.   I get my second one next month, we will see how I feel after the second one.  After my first one my arm was sore in the spot of the injection and that lasted for a couple days and then felt fine.  Hope your family feels better and the covid is gone quickly.

Fressa - Sorry about the price increase, that can be disheartening.  We are having rain showers and some storms today, but no thunder and lightening.  We really can use the the rain around here, we are down a few inches for the month.  I was looking at the flowers that are soon to bloom outside the window and they have perked up a lot since the rain last night.  Oh, also the grass had grown it seems since the rain last night.  Oh well, take the good with the bad.

Has anyone heard how Jean was doing, I think about her and how she is feeling.

Not much happening here today, I have clothes to get off the line in the cellar and need ironed so that may be part of my day.  I did order the peplum jacket of Susan Graver in Blue and black - Can't decide on a color yet, have a wedding to attend in May.  

Well off to do something constructive.  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, those were cute shoes and a great price.  We got no rain on Tuesday as was predicted & it's very dry.  Your family front looks like a hot mess.  Prayers are coming your way that none of you have a bad reaction to the vaccination.   That's interesting about the warning signs when you are coming down with something.

godi hi & I am glad that you didn't get any bad storms.

fressa, good luck with whatever storms are coming your way.  It's too bad that the garden tools increased so much in price.  I have never put anything in my cart which might be a good thing.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Yea @Fressa   the one time that the Q actually has a real sale and I miss it on the bone colored shoes.  I've shopped JCP for what will be 41 years this summer and I thought their pricing was crazy....until I started shopping at the Q.  I think if you aren't watching it at the time, they run a sale that lasts for like an hour or so and then whammo - price goes back up.

Honored Contributor

Glad to read that you didn't have bad weather @godi 

Honored Contributor

Susan @PAlady   I thought I saw Linda post this week that Jean was substitute teaching at least one day this week.  I'm not part of the facebook group for this thread so I know what folks feel comfortable sharing here.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been reading your posts, but it's been a hectic week and we are both tired.

Oh Monday, I had my infusion & it went well.  My only side effect is drowsiness.  We had a quick drive thru lunch at KFC & then went directly to the Subaru dealer for an oil change and tire rotation.  We are so happy with the dealership.  It's was about an hour, so we had bit of a rest before we ventured to job.  It's the first time in over a year that we actually spent quite a while looking around.  Very few people in the store and all had a mask on.  Bought nothing, but it was so good to touch things again.

On Tuesday, we went on a day trip to a town about 45 miles away.  We went to Big Lot's as I wanted to get a mattress pad for the guest bedroom like I bought for our bed a few weeks ago.  It's very nice and we got the last one.  There has been a run on them lately for some reason.   We had a good carry out lunch at Cracker Barrel & celebrated my dh's birthday a day early because it was supposed to rain yesterday.  Nope, we didn't get a drop.  As we were coming out, our neighbors that live across the street from us were coming in.

Yesterday, we just went to the gym & had a piece of birthday 🎂🎂🎂.  My DH had a good birthday.  Lots of cards, emails from the 3 dgc, gift cards and a light weight fold up chair and a gel seat pad from me for when we start doing a bit of traveling.  Lord willing, we are hoping to take the big trip in September.  

This morning was grocery shopping day & thing's went smoothly.  I doubt that we will ever do our shopping on a Friday again.  I just hung out two loads of laundry and my DH is mowing the lawn.  We look forward to going to the gym this afternoon.

Our two youngest dgc and their Dad are getting their 2nd vaccination today in their hometown. They are getting the Pfizer & he is getting the Moderna. I am praying that none of them get any bad side effects.  

It's blt's & fresh corn on the cob for lunch.  

Glenda

Honored Contributor

I hope the kid's Dad doesn't get worked over by the second Moderna shot Glenda @twinny70   Drinking lots of water helps and the minute he feels achy or anything he should take an advil, aleve, tylenol or whichever he prefers, it really helps the ache.

My niece's second test result came back - she's positive and I can't say I'm surprised.  I hope the fact that she got the first Pfizer dose at least gives her some kind of help against covid-19.