Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: One Day at a Time (Thurs. 7/14)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

I haven't written for a while, but I have been reading.  

Twinny - Hope the shoulder feels better soon.

Bernie - Good thinking on getting the birdseed early.

Linda - Good thing the guy at the gym told you about the app.  I was not aware of that.  I would like to make a trip to Quebec some day, it looks like a very interest area.

Not much is happening here, we are getting some of our projects done.  We have a few irons in the fire, but, the wait time to either get an item delivered or a project started takes time.  We are waiting on a recliner (6-8 weeks, we hope). New bathroom sinks (6 months).  So we just wait and see it we can get sooner or get the project done sooner.  I think they give longer times now because they don't have the people to do the projects.  Oh well.

We are enjoying some really nice weather here, we could use some rain.  We got about a half an inch yesterday, but, could use a few more.  

Not much else is going on here, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: One Day at a Time (Thurs. 7/14)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Glad your weather is nice and hope you get some more rain.  We had a few sprinkles earlier, but could use the rain.

I went to Montreal several times in the past, and really enjoyed it.  If you go, you might want to go over to Quebec city as well.  I will be going to Western Canada this time.  

Sorry for those long wait times for your house projects.  I'm sure you are right about the lack of workers.  It is usually that and/or supply chain issues.  

Much to my surprise, Fed Ex delivered my new bed frame and headboard this morning -- only ordered Sunday afternoon and not expected for 10 days or so.  I called the salesman, and I may be getting my new bed as soon as this weekend -- wow.  

One of the grocery stores was having a 99 cent sale on some produce -- I never heard of that before, but took advantage of several specials.  The other store didn't have much on sale, but I bought a few "needs" and some "wants" (like pistachios). 

Hospice was strange.  I called and was told to come at 2:30.  When I showed up, they said there was nothing for me to deliver!  I found a couple of boxes for "my" people, but there were not many in total.   I delivered those two boxes.

The manager asked me if I could help sit with a client tomorrow morning, and I agreed.  He is going to respite care, but his caregiver is going to work and cannot sit with him until transport arrives.  I should be there for about two hours.  Hopefully, all will go well.

I think tomorrow is your birthday -- Happy Birthday in advance.

Sorry about all that pain in your shoulder, Glenda.  Waves to Fressa, Bernie, and all of our posters and readers.

Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan,  the waiting for this & that drives me nuts.  After waiting for 2+ weeks for a call from the Clinic in the Capitol City, I finally got it yesterday.  I start PT next Tuesday in town thank goodness for 4 weeks.  Then in 7 weeks I am going to a clinic which I have never been to & they are going to X-Ray my neck & give me their advice.   I trust our ds whom recommended  doing PT first since he has been in the medical fields for about 25 years.

My left elbow is better than it was yesterday, but I am still on light duty.

Our fun today was going to a movie at the senior center.  Only 8 of us there, but it was nice to get out of the house other than for medical appts.

Tomorrow for lunch we are going to our bank's Customer Appreciation Day & tomorrow night we have a dinner date with our eldest dgs and his Dad for a fish fry.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I have been to Canada, but not Montreal & enjoyed it.  That was a fast delivery now I hope that you get the bed soon.  We are having nice weather with rain in the forecast for most of tomorrow and tomorrow night.  After getting 8" last week, we are still in a drought.  

Glenda

Trusted Contributor

Linda- Thank you for the birthday wish.  I turn the big 60!  I swear I was just 40 yesterday.  

Esteemed Contributor

You are such a youngster, Susan.  Hope you enjoy your 60's.  Congratulations.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday Susan. The 60's were the best years of my life.  Make the most of it.  21 years ago this week (when I was 53) we started down my CIDP journey.  Now we are both going through a few more trials.  Every morning when I get up, I say "thank you Lord for letting me get out of bed and walk."

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

PALady-----Happy Birthday!!!   

Esteemed Contributor

PALady---It sure seems like home projects are a test of patience. My friend hired a plumber to do a bathroom fixture replacement project and a one wall remodel. Day2 he did something to his back and will be off the job for 6 months. Now she and the hubby are pretty handy so they decided to tackle it themselves. Finished and they are so pleased with the end result. She's fortunate that her hubby is so handy with remodel projects. 

Good luck with your projects. Time will pass quicker than you think. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda Latte-----That was a good deal your grocery store had on produce. I'm hoping mine will come up with something like that. I finally got the peaches and tomatoes to ripen from last weeks trip. It's always a guessing game with fruit and produce. Friday is grocery and bank day. Wish me luck that at least I remember to get the ice cream. LOL

That is strange about your hospice supplies. Do you think that they are not getting the full shipment delivered to them? It would be nice if they let you know before you arrived so you could plan your day.