Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, Sept. 29th)

Hello all, it's cool, cloudy and rainy here.  I'm tuned into PBS and am catching up on Ken Burns' multi-segment documentary about Country Music.

I'm enjoying the heck out of this Woman Happy

How's your day going?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sunday, Sept. 29th)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you are enjoying the country music program.  I watched it when it was on the first time, but missed much of the second hour of each show since it went on until 11:00 p.m.  Difficult for me to stay up that late and get up early as I do.  I will probably watch it again when I have time.

No rain here.  It was nice and cool on my walk, but we are expecting 90 degree temperatures later.

My day is going okay, thanks.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Frequent Contributor

I loved the Ken Burns documentary about Country Music, especially since I am an Okie and have been to Cain's Ballroom.  

It is 89 degrees, and cloudy here.  But, suppose to have jacket weather Thursday!

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. It isn't cool here as the temp is 92 degrees as well as another day without rain. After the June excess, we have had just sprinkles  Some of the rivers have dried up and one of our beautiful falls no longer has water to feed the falls, We have had record temp highs in some parts of the state, but it is supposed to turn cooler toward the coming weekend.

I've just been relaxing with no urge to watch the Q. I did receive an email on a two top collection from Quacker Factory but I easily passed on it. I do have some QF tops that came as two tops and they are great but these had a pocket design which didn't appeal to me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

This photo gives an example of the impact of the drought-like conditions. The picture on the left is of Blackwater Falls in West Virginia at its normal condition. The picture at the top right was taken of the same falls one week ago, and the bottom right picture was taken yesterday.

blackwaterfalls.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it's cool & rainy here too, but it's supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow.  I haven't heard of Ken Burns, but my DH said that he liked his documentaries.  

Linda L, I am sure that you are enjoying the cooler weather on your walks.  

tobe, my  DH & I were in your state last week.  It was on our bucket list as was NM.

Jean,  we love waterfalls & that is sad news about the WV waterrfalls drying up.

It has been drizzling all day.  After church we had a  nice lunch out.  It's a good day to rest up.  

Hugs to all of you.